Cheerios

• Here me out!
    This is my attempt to make a Paradoxical Outcome storm deck that can play against null rod. I think it might work as decks seem to be cutting mental missteps and playing more thorn of amethyst and fewer sphere of resistance.

Lands

3 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Tolarian Academy

Creatures
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Shield Sphere
    4 Memnite
    4 Phyrexian Walker
    4 Hope of Ghirapur
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide

Spells
    2 Manamorphose
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Time Walk

Artifacts
    1 Lotus Petal
    1 Black Lotus
    1 Mana Vault
    1 Mana Crypt
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Mox Pearl
    4 Mox Opal
    1 Mox Emerald

Combo Pieces
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Paradoxical Outcome

Threats
    1 Brain Freeze
    1 Laboratory Maniac

To combo off this deck needs an opening hand with Glimpse of Nature or Paradoxical Outcome and mana to cast it. Each artifact creature combos with both Glimpse and Outcome meaning that if the first draw spell hits a second one it is unlikely the combo fizzles.
    Hope of Ghirapur allows you to play a combo piece that also works as the only piece of main-deck disruption.

Sideboard

Alternate Win
    1 Tinker
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

Shops
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Inspiring Statuary

Null Rod
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Nature's Claim

Control
    1 Pact of Negation
    2 Mental Misstep

Tinker and Blighsteel Colossus give an extra angle of attack against disruptive decks. Mental Missteps protect Glimpse of Nature while Pact of Negation counters Mindbreak Trap.

While this deck almost can't beat a turn one Sphere of Resistance and is slowed down by Null Rod it can turn one win often enough that I think it can work.

Please leave any suggestions. Thanks!

• This could be a skullclamp deck with kobolds.

You cut all those artifact 0 drop creatures for kobolds. Cut down 2 Mox opals for 2 clamps.

You can also cut down on some 0 drop creatures. The deck seems consistent enough as is and the more in your deck, the worse your deck is. You need to cut them down to an equilibrium that makes sense.

http://stattrek.com/m/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

That's a link to a hypergeometric calculator that will be able to give you any statistic you'll need to determine the right amount for you.

• Ditto on Skullclamp, great include.
    Tiny robot variants could be interesting...

I scheme it would be cool if you could give Hope of Ghirpur haste with Lightning Greaves or Hall of the Banditlord. (Maybe its a bit cheeky)
    Hangerback Walker is worth remembering , and Empty the Warrens. This is because, as Saffron Olive pointed out, this plays to Cheerios strength as storm deck. Unlike other storm decks, your blue opponents can't sit on counter spells and stop your storm chain at the last possible moment. VS cheerios one has to stop the first and next glimpse, immediately. If you get stick more than 1 glimpse active for a turn you are almost unstoppable. There is a lot to be said for posing a threat on the board, that is if one plays things like Bushwhackers or Haze of Rage

On the odd occasion riding a few empty the warrens Goblins to victory is most fun.
    Hangerback for 0 sometimes keeps the chain going

If your' willing to dabble in black, Yawgmoth's Will gives one great ability to fight back after an initial salvo of control.

Enjoy
    Andre-Doos-James

• A crazy idea, but how about Deserted Temple and Walking Ballista?

• Also, even though you only have 4 lands, fast bond is still broken in this list.

• Thanks all for the suggestions!

I decided not to go for kobals and skullclamp to ensure I can make large paradoxical outcomes as well as more glimpse triggers by replaying the creatures.

Fastbond or crop rotation as a ritual effect is interesting but the extra mana has little use during that stage of the combo.

Using bushwacker as a wincon doesnt seem to be worth splashing the extra color over lab maniac or brain freeze. And yawgmoth's will has few targets early.

I ultimately decided I could cut a couple creatures as suggested by the hypergeometric calculator and made the following changes:

Main:

• 2 phyrexian walkers
      -1 elvish spirit guide
      +1 timetwister
      +1 tinker
      +1 memory jar

Side:
    -1 tinker
    +1 flusterstorm

These changes should help increase threat density and allow for a better fight against decks with mental misstep and force of will.

• @AbyssStaresBack said in Cheerios:

I decided not to go for kobals and skullclamp

Boooooo

• I've tried stuff very similar to this. the problem is... you have to play so many crappy cards that your relevant stuff gets countered.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.