Does this look like a decent budget white weenie list?

• Hi all, my name is Damien, I'm thinking of getting into Vintage, do you think this looks like a viable budget white weenie list to start off with?

Creatures – 27
    3 Eldrazi Displacer
    4 Grand Abolisher
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    3 Vryn Wingmare
    Spells – 12
    3 Fragmentize
    4 Path to Exile
    2 Rest in Peace
    4 Stony Silence
    Lands – 20
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Ghost Quarter
    1 Karakas
    10 Plains 5
    1 Strip Mine

Sideboard – 15
    1 Balance
    2 Eidolon of Rhetoric
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Ghostly Prison
    2 Rest in Peace
    3 Pithing Needle
    4 Swords to Plowshares

• Hi Damien,

I think your list looks decent, but there are a few changes I would make. First, not having acces to Wasteland is of course a major blow to a strategy like yours and if you're going the Ghost Quarter route, I would seriously consider Leonin Arbiter and/or Aven Mindcensor.

One of the most important things in a deck like yours is that you're able to deploy a turn one threat, which your list is not capable of doing. I would definitely find room for 1 Lotus Petal and 4 Elvish/Simian Spirit Guides. I think you could cut the 2 Rest in Peace.

I would also cut the 3 Fragmentize for 3 or 4 Leonin Relic Warder which is one of your best cards. I'm not a fan of Mother of Runes and Grand Abolisher, so personally I would cut these. If you can afford them, Sanctum Prelates are very good.

I'm also not sure if Eldrazi Displacer is where you want to be in a list like yours, but I can definitely see the argument for them, but then I would probably rework the manabase a bit to support it better.

You're very soft to Oath and I would find room for 3-4 Grafdigger's Cages in the sideboard. Before Containment Priest was printed, I've always advocated playing 3 Grafdigger's Cages maindeck, but now that Tinker and Yawgmoth's Will strategies aren't very dominant, I think you're better off with Cages in the sideboard.

Hope you could use my feedback.

I've played a deck looking something like this (off the top of my head). Perhaps you can use that as inspiration although it's powered.

Lands: 22

4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Ghost Quarter
    4 Wasteland
    4 Plains
    4 Horizon Canopy
    1 Strip Mine
    1 Karakas

Artifact mana: 7

1 Black Lotus
    5 Mox
    1 Lotus Petal
    1 Mana Crypt

Creatures: 28

4 Leonin Arbiter
    4 Leonin Relic-Warder
    4 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3 Sanctum Prelate
    3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    3 Vryn Wingmare

Enchantments: 3

3 Stony Silence

• @Griselbrother Thanks for the advice, that was very helpful. I can't believe I forgot Leonin Arbiter! I've cut the displacers, abolishers, mom's, rests and fragmentizes for some of your suggestions, and what I'm looking at now is this:
    Creatures – 32
    3 Aven Mindcensor
    4 Leonin Arbiter
    3 Leonin Relic-Warder
    4 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    3 Vryn Wingmare
    2 Sanctum Prelate
    Spells – 8
    4 Path to Exile
    4 Stony Silence
    Lands – 20
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Ghost Quarter
    1 Karakas
    10 Plains 5
    1 Strip Mine

Sideboard – 15
    1 Balance
    2 Eidolon of Rhetoric
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Ghostly Prison
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Rest in Peace
    4 Swords to Plowshares

I'll replace a swords and the rest in peaces with cages as soon as I can, but for now this feels pretty good. Not sure I need the ancient tombs though, I might switch them for Plateau's so I can hardcast the ssg if I need to.

• I look at lists like this and just wonder if JacoDrazi isn't just better and possibly the same cost. But that is not why you are asking for help....

I think that mental Misstep, dryad militant, and Thorn of Amethyst should be considered. These cards are possible on turn one. point being is you NEED a turn one play. Dryad militant turns off Baby Jace, Snapcaster, cabal therapies, dread returns, and delve spells relatively well. Your biggest fear with this deck is Mentor and STPs (and maybe Oath.) MM helps against one of those. Mentor is just going to steam roll the deck. You have no way to come back from an early Mentor other than your STPs.

The other problem with a deck like this is that it is an anti-meta deck. What decks do you play against in your area or online? You can tune this deck to have an edge against Shops by playing maindeck Kataki and Null Rod. Against blue decks I would have 4 spirit of the labyrinths and 4 Thalia 1.0.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.