Questions about UW Landstill

• I am new to this forum, but long time player of Landstill strategy. I was never able to get into Vintage a kid, but that's why I am here. I wanted to ask the more trusted Vintage community on the internet questions about Vintage Landstill.
    Which version is better for an unknown meta? UW or BUG?
    I feel like BUG Landstill is great if you want to use LoA, but UW is better in Shops meta. I live in an area where the Vintage meta is very small just like most around the world. Would it better to play UW Landstill since I already Legacy Landstill - the transition would be much easier than BUG.

I have cards for both, so that isn't an issue and with proxies of 10 - there won't be an issue for when it comes to tournament time.

• Appreciate any advice or comments about this topic.

• Which would be the rough lists?

UW plays mentor, or no creatures at all? Moxen or stony silence? Which kind of removal should play?

UBG would play decay, I may assume? Deathrite shaman too? Some other creatures?

My gut says play the UW version, but there are lots of missing data here.

• @xouman said:

Which would be the rough lists?

UW plays mentor, or no creatures at all? Moxen or stony silence? Which kind of removal should play?

UBG would play decay, I may assume? Deathrite shaman too? Some other creatures?

My gut says play the UW version, but there are lots of missing data here.

Before I was posting a list, I wanted to ask advice from Vintage players. My meta has 50% shops, so I UW Landstill is better for game 1. I've beaten Shops game 1 with my friend's UW Landstill deck which is crazy. I was going off LSV list in Vintage Super League with meta calls. I could main deck Steel Sabotage.

I will make a rough list, and proxy up the power I am missing for this weekend.

• @Baconoftheark

If the meta is 50% MUD, I'd say go for UBG, providing it plays the playset of deathrite shaman. But UW should also be ok, it gives access to serenity, kataki, swords and disenchants which should be more than enough options.

• TMD Supporter

White is quite powerful right now offering tailor-made solutions to almost everything in the meta:

STP
    Kataki
    Disenchant
    Stony Silence (absolutely broken)
    Containment Priest (that handles both Oath and Dredge efficiently)
    Canonist
    Rule of Law (cannot be Pyroblasted)
    Aven Mindcensor (fallen out of flavor but great vs. 8 fetch land decks)
    Mentors
    (...)

• @PeAcH not all of these are great alongside standstill. Depending on the version of standstill deck type, of course. It could be as simple as running stone forge mystic/ batterskull\jitte in a standstill shell, while decent, not "great".
    Even as a fan of uw control, I have to say standstill oath (Potucek's creation) is better positioned, atm.

• TMD Supporter

I tried Potucek's Oath myself and enjoyed it quite a bit. However, it's a very different and surprising deck if you opponent does not know what you are playing or has never played against the deck.

• I played a slightly modified version of the UW Landstill list which made top 8 at NYSE last year at last year's Champs. It was great at champs (the wheels fell off at 4-1 after shitty sleep caught up) and I crushed shops both times I played it.

The white cards, as noted, are really good. These are the stand-out white cards that I feel are compelling reasons to play UW:

• Swords to Plowshares
    • Kataki
    • Disenchant
    • Stony Silence
    • Rest in Peace
    • Containment Priest
    • Monastery Mentor
    • Supreme Verdict
    • Aegis of the Gods (suck it, storm & mentor)

The draws to black and green, in my view, must be better than these great white cards and there's just no equivalent card to Kataki and Plow. Energy Flux costs 1 more than Kataki and that's big, plus, Kataki isn't impacted by Thorns.

• what is Aegis of the Gods for against mentor? so they can't target you with Ancestral Recall?

• I'm going to assume you meant oath, because it turns off their oath and discard 😄

• @mediumsteve I also assume it was talking about oath. Afaik aegis would shut therapy , and the peek component of probe.

Other than than it affects hurkyl's, gifts, discard, direct damage and also ancestral, in case opponent wants to empty your library ;)

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.