Last unread post

• On the unread threads page, there is no option to go to the last post you havent read, just the first post in the thread, and the last post in the thread.
    Its kinda frustrating to have to go back and reread to find your place every time you open the thread up again. We need a last unread post button.

• @L0cke17 You can sort by newest instead of the default oldest. It applies site wide.

• Unfortunately this feature only works per browser. It caches where you are and can take you there when you go to the thread. A small pop-up appears in the bottom right hand corner to take you to the last unread post, but if you read on your phone and then open it up at home, it doesnt pass the information along. Some forums do this by building in a database system, but it does slow down the site a bit as it has to check against the database every time you open a thread.

example

• TMD Supporter

I've also found that for threads that are really long (such as the current B&R thread), it won't actually take you the last unread post. I'm finding that thread stalls out at about 130 posts, and then I have to manually input "post 131" to get the next few replies, then again for 141, etc.

• Have you tried clicking on the "about x minutes ago" link for each thread? For me, that takes me to the last post I haven't read.

• @Dstinct said:

Unfortunately this feature only works per browser. It caches where you are and can take you there when you go to the thread. A small pop-up appears in the bottom right hand corner to take you to the last unread post, but if you read on your phone and then open it up at home, it doesnt pass the information along. Some forums do this by building in a database system, but it does slow down the site a bit as it has to check against the database every time you open a thread.

example

This must be where I was getting confused then, because I often read on my phone then on my computer then on my phone again. The old forums synced across both irrc, so I never had this problem before, leading me to think it was broken here.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.