Is there something wrong with the chat on TMD?

• When I select 'New_Chat_With' from a user's profile I can't type in the message box and the send button doesn't appear to work. I don't remember having problems sending PMs in the past.

• @Chase_Dagger Same here!

• Administrators

yeah, something super weird looks like it's happening with chat (which is confusing to me, because no code changes have happened recently). There's a super-ugly javascript workaround, but I'm going to look into why this is happening and try to fix it.

• @Brass-Man I see your test pm, but I cannot reply.

• Administrators

yeah ... I'm not sure what's happening but something in the forum software is setting those fields to "disabled." There is a workaround, if you know how to get to your developer console in your browser. (in chrome click on settings > more tools > developer tools), then paste the following in the javascript console at the bottom of that window:

$('#chat-message-input').attr('readonly', false); $('#chat-message-send-btn').attr('disabled', false);

That will turn on the chat for you, until the page changes or refreshes ... but not the person you're sending it to. Obviously that's not a reasonable long-term solution (or even good in the short-term) so I'm looking into what caused the problem and how to reverse it.

In the meantime, apologies for the hassle.

• @Brass-Man thanks for the workaround.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.