[AKH] Failure / Comply

• @John-Cox

You would lose 3 life by both the old rules and new rules.

Old rules: Bob sees both Failure and Comply revealed, so you lose 2 life and 1 life for a total of 3.

New rules: The CMC of Failure/Comply is 3 in all zones outside the stack, so Bob will cause a loss of 3 life.

• @John-Cox Yeah, now it's 3 everywhere except the stack.

• OK just like current split cards.

• @John-Cox Yeah. It's just that the split cards rules changed last week. So you can't imprint Fire/Ice on Isochron Scepter anymore for example.

• I think this has some merit in Dredge. Even the Failure Half can be good against hate, you Failure the hate card back into their hand, then Comply it so they cant cast it, then use that turn to find a therapy to permanently remove it.

• @msg67183

agreed, the failure part of the card does something relevant. It's a pretty nice add on to a card whose primary function is something else.

• TMD Supporter

I haven't seen the latest dredge builds, but I can't remember the last time a dredge player got to three mana against me, which is where I think it has to be, for the plan to work. Seems marginal at best.

• @joshuabrooks said in [AKH] Failure / Comply:

I haven't seen the latest dredge builds, but I can't remember the last time a dredge player got to three mana against me, which is where I think it has to be, for the plan to work. Seems marginal at best.

It's 2 mana, actually, for Failure their turn then Comply during your turn. But yeah, using Failure is narrow. The greatest thing Failure does to the card in Dredge is being blue for FoW.

• TMD Supporter

@fsecco said in [AKH] Failure / Comply:

@joshuabrooks said in [AKH] Failure / Comply:

It's 2 mana, actually, for Failure their turn then Comply during your turn. But yeah, using Failure is narrow. The greatest thing Failure does to the card in Dredge is being blue for FoW.

I'm assuming three, as I don't see how a Failure stops a Cage or other low CC sideboard card. I would imagine someone casting a cage has the mana to cast it again if necessary.

• @joshuabrooks it doesn't, but neither does Cabal Therapy. Although this CAN stop your opponent from drawing the hate he doesn't have if you need to give him 1 more turn.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.