[AKH] Pull from Tomorrow

• @evouga I agree this is probably unplayable. Instant Speed Braingeyser is better than Braingeyser, but this card is almost always just worse than Stroke of Genius. Stroke only has one U in it's casting cost, making it easier to cast off of lots of artifact mana, and it can be used on your opponent to end the game in decks like High Tide. This card can't do either.

There is a corner case where this card is good, though, and that's where you want to dig in your deck deeply and put a particular card in the yard. I could see Worldgorger Dragon considering this card, for example. Mana Drain into this in a Dragon deck might legit end the game, since you can draw protection and possibly Animate dead, then bin the Dragon. At the same time, EOT pay UU to bin my Dragon to set up a win next turn is not horrible in a pinch, either.

Now, all we need is for Dragon to be good again :)

• Bulk rare

• It's not bulk rare because it can be great in Standard. Just not in Vintage.

• Don't some controlish lists (standstill etc) use a singleton Fact or Fiction/Forbidden Alchemy. Could this work there? Possibly for the same reason that Walking Ballista is good in shops?

• (to clarify, I mean the modality that comes with a varying casting cost, not the ability to dome your opponent)

• @John-Cox said in [AKH] Pull from Tomorrow:

Don't some controlish lists (standstill etc) use a singleton Fact or Fiction/Forbidden Alchemy.

No they don't...

edit: even if they did, FoF is better than this, as are Thirst for Knowledge and Gifts Ungiven.

• This is the 1st place deck from a daily on the 7th. Also note its the only hard control list on TC Decks front page. It has Gifts. I don't want to get into a fight over this vs Gifts et al, but I think this card might be worth trying in the right deck.
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=22845&iddeck=176705

• This card is completely unplayable in Vintage.

• This card is completely playable in Vintage.

• It will see no play.If the cost were "XU" then maybe.

• @MaximumCDawg said in [AKH] Pull from Tomorrow:

@evouga I agree this is probably unplayable. Instant Speed Braingeyser is better than Braingeyser, but this card is almost always just worse than Stroke of Genius. Stroke only has one U in it's casting cost, making it easier to cast off of lots of artifact mana, and it can be used on your opponent to end the game in decks like High Tide. This card can't do either.

There is a corner case where this card is good, though, and that's where you want to dig in your deck deeply and put a particular card in the yard. I could see Worldgorger Dragon considering this card, for example. Mana Drain into this in a Dragon deck might legit end the game, since you can draw protection and possibly Animate dead, then bin the Dragon. At the same time, EOT pay UU to bin my Dragon to set up a win next turn is not horrible in a pinch, either.

Now, all we need is for Dragon to be good again :)

Whether the cost is 2U or 1UU won't matter in 99% of the cases.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.