What do you want from vintage.

• @Winterstar said in What do you want from vintage.:

So, what do you want out of vintage? What makes your ideal Vintage?

I want tournaments like the Old School tournament at Eternal Weekend.

I want tournaments that look like this

I want my friends to question my judgement as I tell them I'm headed to Team Tusk.

I want to sit around a camp fire and listen to Ben Perry tell stories until we're too drunk to sit or the sun comes up, whichever comes second.

I've done the math. If you win every major Vintage tournament, you might cover your travel expenses. Vintage is not about winning. Vintage is about having fun. Vintage is about the community. I suspect this is why Vintage online has not been more popular - I can't do the above things alone in my office.

• I miss the old days of pre Time Vault power errata removal, where decks like Welder were prominent. I prefer the old spells rule days and not the current creature heavy meta.

• @thecravenone I am looking forward to drinking with you at Eternal Weekend, whenever and wherever it ends up being.

Vintage is Love.

• @draw3 said in What do you want from vintage.:

I miss the old days of pre Time Vault power errata removal, where decks like Welder were prominent. I prefer the old spells rule days and not the current creature heavy meta.

One of my favorite thing about having frequent proxy tournaments is that you can play whatever you want. If you lose, so what? Buy-in was cheap and there's another tournament just around the corner. Everyone else starts to notice this, too. So you have many people bringing "rogue" decks. And you have awesome opportunities to exploit local weaknesses. I noticed players slacking on Dredge hate until I showed up with Pitch Dredge. Others focus on fun. We've got a guy planning to bring Gorger next time around because if he's going to play Vintage, he wants to do the dumbest thing possible.

• As a relatively new vintage player, what I like about vintage is playing against peoples' busted decks filled cards I'll never afford, at a table of 12 at a GP side event in Australia and stomping the shit out of at least half of my matches with Eldrazi.

I love it because I get to meet real deep magic-heads who; run stores, have played for eternity or, just love the game even more than I do. I've made much better friends playing vintage, 7pt/Australian Highlander (seriously the best format ever made, even with vintage in the mix) and legacy than I have playing formats where people actually give a shit about planeswalker points.

• I want unrestricted

Balance
    Channel
    Flash
    Imperial Seal
    Lodestone Golem
    Necropotence
    Ponder

• This post is deleted!

• I want to cast Ancestral Recall.
    I want to cast Regrowth on Ancestral Recall.
    I want to use Babiest Jace to flashback Regrowth on Ancestral Recall.
    I want to use Snapcaster Mage to flashback Ancestral Recall.

1. No restricted creatures
    2. More answer cards to the perceived problems with the format

• @Sledger said in What do you want from vintage.:

I want to cast Ancestral Recall.
    I want to cast Regrowth on Ancestral Recall.
    I want to use Babiest Jace to flashback Regrowth on Ancestral Recall.
    I want to use Snapcaster Mage to flashback Ancestral Recall.

#UnrestrictAncestral

• Vintage is by definition a format where all cards are legal.

I wish that the DCI did a better job managing the restricted list so that more cards were playable. A massive number of uniquely powerful and interesting cards seemed to get drowned out by a handful of cards that should not realistically be unrestricted. Every unrestricted card should have an easily accessible answer.

• Heh, you didn't take my suggestion and limit people to a single sentence.

I can do it, though: I want Vintage to be a place where I can brew with all my cards, regardless of how broken, without having to worry about some of them being unusable because professional players are doing too well with them.

@thecravenone said in What do you want from vintage.:

#UnrestrictAncestral

Legacy is the format where you can play four brainstorms. It's only fair that Vintage be the format of four Ancestrals.

Can't let those people show us up.

• Minimal restrictions
    Maximum community involvement
    Stories and revels for all!

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.