[AKH] Vizier of Tumbling Sands

• Vizier of Tumbling Sands

Does this have a home in (Paradoxical Outcome) Storm? I suppose it doesn't add to your storm count, but an uncounterable cantrip that can refuel your Academy seems pretty useful. Or is it too narrow to have an impact?

• Cloud of Faeries and Esper Sojourners are not competitive at all. So is he.

• With Time Vault in play, this is an uncounterable instant-speed Time Walk that also draws a card. The creature himself is also a win condition, although the lack of haste really hurts here.

It's been a while since Time Vault was a premiere Vintage tactic, but this card certainly raises my eyebrows.

• The cycling is actually 1 colorless in the worst case thanks to the ability.

• @evouga
    Interesting! Didn't think about its application in a Two-Card Monte shell.

• Time vault and/or tolarian academy immediately come to mind. I top 8'd the last Deal Me In Games running vault/key and tolarian in paradox mentor shell. This is definitely a card I will have to test in my deck.

• I think the best place for this would likely be in the board of a Living Wish Belcher deck, though it seems marginal at best there.

• TMD Supporter

I think this card is better than can be fully realized at the moment. It's an uncounterable instant speed cantrip that does something useful, is unaffected by Spheres, is blue, and has a dual purpose (creature).

• @SylvanLibrarian said in [AKH] Vizier of Tumbling Sands:

Vizier of Tumbling Sands

Does this have a home in (Paradoxical Outcome) Storm? I suppose it doesn't add to your storm count, but an uncounterable cantrip that can refuel your Academy seems pretty useful. Or is it too narrow to have an impact?

Minamo does the same thing but doesn't cost 3 and is uncounterable. Maybe in the "Academy" deck that's been posted before but I doubt in the current Paradoxical decks.

• @thecravenone said in [AKH] Vizier of Tumbling Sands:

@SylvanLibrarian said in [AKH] Vizier of Tumbling Sands:

Vizier of Tumbling Sands

Minamo does the same thing but doesn't cost 3 and is uncounterable. Maybe in the "Academy" deck that's been posted before but I doubt in the current Paradoxical decks.

Minamo is legendary permanent only. This is any permanent. Minamo also doesn't cycle for for a draw if its not needed.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.