Dacksday

• Hi Friends!

I'll be attending my first Vintage tournament after a long hiatus (4 Brainstorm, how I miss you!). I wanted to play a combo deck but can't afford the decks I want to play due to budget (shit got pricey, yo) so I went with something cheap that kills my opponent in a similar way. I've gotten really good goldfishing but need the help of the community to make sure I haven't missed anything important! Thanks dudes, and I look forward to any feedback!

1 Laboratory Maniac
    1 Tendrils of Agony

1 Mystical Tutor
    1 Vampiric Tutor
    1 Demonic Tutor
    1 Merchant Scroll
    4 Doomsday
    1 Yawgmoth's Will

1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Brainstorm
    2 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    2 Dack Fayden
    4 Gush
    1 Dig Through Time
    1 Treasure Cruise

2 Flusterstorm
    4 Mental Misstep
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    4 Force of Will

1 Black Lotus
    1 Lotus Petal
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Dark Ritual

1 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island

SB:
    1 Mountain
    1 Duress
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Hope of Ghirapur
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Thoughtseize
    3 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Sulfur Elemental
    4 Ingot Chewer

• Administrators

Can you share a little more insight into some of the nonstandard choices you're running? Why the Dacks? Are they just shops hate, or are you involving them in Doomsday piles? It looks to me like you have all of the"must-run-in-Doomsday" cards, but I'm not a Doomsday pilot so I might be missing something obvious.

Do you have any idea what kind of metagame you expect? It might help people suggest some options.

Have you just goldfished to this point or have you managed to play some test games? No matter what advice we give you, nothing's going to come close to getting in a few games with a friend!

Welcome to the site, and good luck in your tournament!

• Time walk and dark ritual stand out as missing cards. Also, the deck usually only plays jet and sapphire.

• Is Dack Fayden truly giving you enough fuel for Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise? A friend of mine piloted a build recently with 4 Gitaxian Probe and 3 Thoughtseize in the maindeck, and he still didn't seem to generate much of a graveyard, let alone one you're alright with delving away.

Additionally, this deck is generally weak to artifacts, as your build acknowledges, and I don't think you shore up your bad matchups by adding a three drop that doesn't actually remove a taxing effect from the battlefield.

Also, @rikter, Dark Ritual is in there. There's always that 0 vs 1 vs 1+ argument that came up before Gush decks homogenized, and I believe @MSolRing is right to only include one.

• Gremlin: I've played Dig and Cruise since they've been printed.

I would NEVER play Time Walk, Dark Ritual (more than 1), or Dack in 4x Gush doomsday. But hell, what do I know? I only have a high profile finish from 2013 with the deck.

• @The-Gremlin-Lord I missed the ritual in the artifact mana group, I agree with only 1.

I have liked time walk in doomsday, it has been helpful at times when I need to reset my mana before going off

• Time Walk is always the worst card in my Doomsday Decks. But I've never needed to 'reset' my mana. I have been able to come up with Doomsday Piles for any situation. I've included a fastbond and a dual land, and specifically NOT fetched pre-Doomsday, specific to scenarios in the past.

• Yeah, if Preordain gets restricted I'd still play Sleight of Hand over Time Walk.

• @The-Gremlin-Lord If GUSH gets restricted, I can't wait to build Doomsday again.

Hell, if my dream comes true and Gush, Preordain, AND Gitaxian Probe all get restricted, I'll STILL brew a savage Doomsday deck.

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.