[AKH] Commit / Memory

• alt text

The reason I post this here is that you can cast Memory from the graveyard with Torrential Gearhulk. I wonder if Oath can use this by any chance. It seems very underwhelming against a few other options, namely Griselbrand, but Gearhulk being blue makes it better than Goblin Dark-Dwellers + Timetwister for the job, and is also a castable Oath target (Griselbrand isn't that much) while also being blue for FoW. So it makes for a more flexible-controlish Oath shell.

The problem I see with a possible Gearhulk Oath is that you can't circumvent Grafdigger's Cage even if you hardcast it.

Also, Commit has fringe utility - but it's not a dead card.

EDIT: seems these cards are actually to be called with a "to" instead of a "/". So this would be "Commit to Memory"

• @fsecco said in [AKH] Commit / Memory:

The reason I post this here is that you can cast Memory from the graveyard with Torrential Gearhulk

Unfortunately, Torrential Gearhulk only allows you to replay Instants from the graveyard, meaning it won't work with Memory.

• Administrators

Yup! Don't forget they're changing the rules on split cards along with this release to get rid of some of the sillier loopholes

• The new rules only changed the converted mana cost of split cards when not on the stack. This card is a legal target for Torrential Gearhulk's ability and you have the option of casting either side when that ability resolves.

Edit: Not that this interaction makes the card playable in Vintage, IMO.

• Administrators

Nevermind then! looks like you can Gearhulk this! ... but yeah, it's still awful.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.