Restricted List Poll

• @VSarius I'd disagree with that since there are a lot of Predict Miracles winning tournaments without playing Mentor at all. I'd say the safest ban would be Counterbalance. The deck can survive pretty well with it and loses the game-ending lock.

• @vaughnbros Unrestricted Tolarian Academy would not help Gush or Thorn decks.......just saying.

• @Serracollector Black Lotus. Unrestrict it.

• Seems good to me. Let the Vintage players at each and every store make thier own BR list. Fuck Wizards, Vintage has become just like Oldschool, and Oldschool BR lists are on a store to store basis. Free the cards!

• @Serracollector But realistically this list of cards that don't help Thorn/Gush directly that might actually be considered taken off are:
    Balance
    Channel
    Consultation
    Imp Seal / Vampiric / Mystical
    Lion's Eye Diamond / Lotus Petal
    Draw 7's
    Mind's Desire
    The problem is pretty much everyone of these cards helps combo, which then potentially makes Thorns that much better. Maybe turning things into more of a 3 horse, instead of a 2 horse race is better though. I don't know.

• Much smaller sample, but the opinion poll here seems pretty much the same as the facebook group one:
    13/22 want Mentor Restricted, and 1 more maybe.
    15/22 people checked some sort of change, but only 12/22 actually asked for change specifically.

6 want Gush Restricted, and 3 more maybes. That's 9 total, which is the same number that explicitly checked No change.

• @vaughnbros said in Restricted List Poll:

@Serracollector But realistically this list of cards that don't help Thorn/Gush directly that might actually be considered taken off are:
    Lion's Eye Diamond

Don't tease me like that.

• @vaughnbros Restrict every card. One of everything!

• @Topical_Island Its really the most objective way of doing things.

• TMD Supporter

@Topical_Island said in Restricted List Poll:

@vaughnbros Restrict every card. One of everything!

I will say that highlander is a really fun format to play. I loved it when my friends and I played it before cube became popular (though to be honest, not a lot of difference between highlander and powered cube).

Highlander is less skill intensive I think (aside from deckbuilding) than Vintage, but such a deep card pool. Only issue I had was the lack of 4 wastelands makes LIbrary of Alexandria a little ridiculous.

If you're looking for a fun night, give it a try. Love the format!

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.