23 April 2017 Proxy Vintage at Brash Brewing Co [9 Players]

• Link to announcement post

People have been giving me shit for my music choices in these posts, specifically the lack of metal. So I put out a call for some metal advice. I ended up with this playlist. [Spotify Link]

TCDecks Link

Placing / Name / Deck (Click for decklist scan)

1. Ben K - Oath
    2. Tim E - Hasty Shops
    3. Ashby G - Merfolk
    4. Joe K - Paradoxical Mentor
    5. Sam C - Paradoxical Oath
    6. Patrick B - Ballista Shops
    7. Chad M - Yarr, Vintage be a Harsh Mentor
    8. Elijah H - BUG Fish? (Elijah had too much fun and forgot to write down 14 of his cards)
    9. Will M - Pitch Dredge (Will forgot his deck and borrowed this at the last possible second)

Next all-proxy Vintage tournament is in two weeks, Sunday 7 May at 1:00 PM. Location is TBD but will likely be Brash as long as the weather stays nice. Stay tuned for info. Should be a big weekend for Eternal Magic in Houston.

Pics:

Patrick forgot to sacrifice artifacts in response to Null Rod. Still got there.

There was a BBQ truck. Most important picture of this post.

I see you've played Knifey-Spoony before.

Darlin'

Fucking Ben wins for the third fucking time.

And he's already laid his mark on the wrestling-belt playmat.

Patrick's response when I asked him for pictures

edit: added TCDecks link

• Brash paid host to a motorcycle and classic car show today. As regulars, they assured us we'd get our required space. It was interesting seeing a completely different interest group. Several people stopped by and commented about having played Magic when they were kids. One guy jokingly asked if anyone had a Black Lotus and Patrick immediately pulled his out. I'm hoping a couple will be interested enough to come back.

Anyway, some pics from the show:

• I, uh, distinctly thought I filled out my deck sheet.

Regardless, anyone who is thinking of coming down should do so next time, the day before (may 6th) there will be a charity legacy tournament for a local player with leukemia in addition to Vintage that Sunday (may 7th)

• @McDonalds said in 23 April 2017 Proxy Vintage at Brash Brewing Co [9 Players]:

Regardless, anyone who is thinking of coming down should do so next time, the day before (may 6th) there will be a charity legacy tournament for a local player with leukemia in addition to Vintage that Sunday (may 7th)

Loose details here. As soon as I'm done typing up top 4, my next project is to yell at the LGS owner to get details up post-haste.

He claims he wants to run legacy for duals AND proxy vintage for power so... it should be a good weekend.

Also Friday is Cinco de Mayo.

It will be an excellent weekend for liver abuse and eternal magic.

• That's a spicy Rage Extractor.

• @thecravenone <looks at the calendar> That is real soon.

While it would be neat to play Legay, no way I can be gone the whole weekend. Let me know if they can confirm the 7th for Vintage and I'll try to make it there for that though.

• @H. said in 23 April 2017 Proxy Vintage at Brash Brewing Co [9 Players]:

@thecravenone <looks at the calendar> That is real soon.

While it would be neat to play Legay, no way I can be gone the whole weekend. Let me know if they can confirm the 7th for Vintage and I'll try to make it there for that though.

We will definitely play Vintage. I'll post when I have word regarding whether the game store will.

• @thecravenone said in 23 April 2017 Proxy Vintage at Brash Brewing Co [9 Players]:

@H. said in 23 April 2017 Proxy Vintage at Brash Brewing Co [9 Players]:

@thecravenone <looks at the calendar> That is real soon.

We will definitely play Vintage. I'll post when I have word regarding whether the game store will.

OK, let me check with the missus and see what I can work out for that Sunday.

• At worst we end up at a game store, at best we end up at a brewery

• @McDonalds definitely will be Sunday the 7th though?

@McDonalds definitely will be Sunday the 7th though?

We will definitely play Vintage Sunday the 7th.

Also, The Sword is playing WOMH on Saturday night if that's a thing you're in to.

• @thecravenone any word on where we will be playing at? And what the prize payout will look like? There should be two of us coming from Louisiana, maybe 3, for this Sunday.

@thecravenone any word on where we will be playing at? And what the prize payout will look like? There should be two of us coming from Louisiana, maybe 3, for this Sunday.

I knew there was something I was supposed to do last night...

Posted! - we'll be at Brash again.

Prize payout is ~90% back in cash with some random cards on the "prize wall." That's usually something like

1. $25 + crowler + 4 cheap things or 2 expensive things off the "wall"
    2. $25 + 2 cheap things or 1 expensive thing off the wall
      3/4 $15 + 1 cheap thing off the wall

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.