1 Tolarian Academy
    1 Library of Alexandria
    4 Forbidden Orchard
    4 Fetch
    1 Island
    2 TOpical Island
    2 Tundra
    23/60

It probably just dies to Null Rod... but no I didn't forget the spellbomb. Look closely.

• TMD Supporter

I've been brewing a very similar deck for about a year, but using Panoptic Mirror instead of As Foretold. Strictly better, because it's an artifact with shops and also you can balance every single turn of the game. It's not quite there yet though, and INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATINGLY Panoptic Mirror is broken on MODO. Otherwise I'd be testing this deck more every day; sadly I cannot.

• RULES QUESTION: Does the effect of a Yawgmoth's Will allow you to suspend a (rather than cast it) out of your graveyard. I'm asking because suspend says "Rather than cast this card from your hand, pay X and exile it with Y time counters on it..." and the original wording for Yawg will says that you "may play cards in your graveyard as though they were in your hand"... but the oracle text just says that you "may play cards from your graveyard"... anyone know the answer?

• @Topical_Island I don't think so. I had a similar question about Bosium Strip awhile back, and the resolution was that "Suspend" is not "casting" the spell, it's an ability the card has while in your hand. Just like Cycling.

EDIT: This also means there is untapped design space here: "You may activate abilities of target card in your graveyard as though it were in your hand" to help cycle or whatever.

• Thanks,... interesting though that Bosium Strip says "cast" and Yawg says "play".

• @MaximumCDawg said in NancyReagan.Dec:.

This also means there is untapped design space here: "You may activate abilities of target card in your graveyard as though it were in your hand" to help cycle or whatever

Not even that would work since cycling needs discarding and you can't discard what's in the graveyard.

• @fsecco you know I'm not trying to cycle right?

• @Topical_Island Those terms mean the same thing, almost. "Play" includes what you do when you put a land into play. As I recall, back in the day, they just always used the term "Play," but now they use "Cast" when they mean doing a non-land thing on the stack.

• @Topical_Island I quoted the text I was replying to :)

• @fsecco Yeah I see that... I'm still not certain about this ruling though.

Anyways... Here's a deck I tested last night. It went 2-2 against a Jeskai build similar to the current one's doing will. This deck is terrified of Null Rod obviously, though doesn't actually just fold to it, and it has a ton of trouble against resolved Planeswalkers. On the upside. As Foretold is crazy with a couple of counters on it. I feel like people are missing the whole "each turn" language on this things. Instants that you can play on opponents turns for free are bonkers. It also plays very nicely with Thoughtseize. In all, this deck is lacking punch right now... maybe a big tinker target or something like that? Idk. Balance opponent's hand away then Jace fateseal is a real thing though.

5 Mox
    1 Lotus
    1 Crypt
    1 Vault
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Time Vault
    1 Voltaic Key
    1 Sensai's Top
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond

3 Paradoxical Outcome
    4 As Foretold
    4 Ancestral Vision
    2 Restore Balance
    1 Balance
    1 Vamp tutor
    1 Demonic tutor
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Mystical Tutor
    1 Thirst

1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Preordain
    1 Ponder
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Repeal
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Yawg Will
    4 Force of Will
    2 Jace, the Big One
    1 Dig Through Time

1 Tolarian
    4 Mana Confluence
    4 Fetch
    1 Island
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Tundra

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.