As Foretold rules clarification

@John-Cox In regards to what? How it would work with Trinisphere?

@H. said in As Foretold rules clarification:

@John-Cox In regards to what? How it would work with Trinisphere?

You would have to pay at least 3.

@Khahan right, I was just trying to understand what he was getting at.

@H. just wondering if it would function like delve spells around Sphere of Resistance/Trinisphere.

@John-Cox It depends on which Sphere. For Sphere of Resistance, both both the Sphere and Hollow One's effect apply in the phase of casting a spell where you figure out and pay alternate/additional costs (Rule 601.2b and Rule 601.2f). So for example, if you discarded/cycled one card and there's one Sphere, it would cost 4. If you discarded three cards and there are three Spheres it would cost 2, and so on.

Trinisphere is a little different. It checks after additional/alternate costs and always makes sure you're paying 3 (Rule 601.2f again). So no matter how many cards you've discarded/cycled, Hollow One always costs 3 in the face of a Trinisphere. Hope that helps!

Source - Being a L2 Judge

last edited by DBatterskull

@DBatterskull
Thanks, thats exactly what I was trying to figure out.

@John-Cox No problem! Always happy to help

@DBatterskull said in As Foretold rules clarification:

If you discarded six cards and there are three Spheres it would cost 3, and so on.
Source - Being a L2 Judge

Is it really how that works? I mean, I always thought that in order to determine the cost of a card you'd first count cost increases then cost reduction. So Hollow One would cost 5 + 3 (three spheres) = 8. Then if you discarded 6 cards it would reduce its cost in 12, making it cost zero. Is it not like that?

last edited by fsecco

@fsecco well, I am not a judge, but I think you are correct, because 601.2b does not seem to apply to Hallow One, as far as I can tell.

last edited by H.

@fsecco Yes, you're right. I made a typo (meant to say reduced by six, but somehow I typed six cards). Whoops. Edited for clarity. Thank you for pointing that out!

last edited by DBatterskull
    Views