Yawgmoth's (Bargain Not Will) Unrestrictable?

Just had a funny thought pondering hate against this deck...could Ankh of Mishra finally have its moment in the sun???

@Macdeath Looks like about a quarter of top8 decks have any way to deal with it. Even then we are running all sorts of answers to their answers. I'm not sure why we are so convinced that Orb is bad with no testing. It looked pretty good when I ran it against Silent Mentor... but whatever.

@Topical_Island Because I don't want to get in a situation where I'd have to choose between rod and zuran orb or get in a situation where i cant combo off because i deployed a null rod earlier in the game. Add to that the fact that zuran orb does effectively nothing unless you have the other two pieces, it's a dead draw in a deck that already has considerable consistency/opening hand issues. Glacial chasm is a much better option seeing as it has synergy with crucible and can buy you crucial turns against decks like dredge, mentor or in thorn mirrors on it's own. You can also go ham with bazaar digging for it without having to worry about keeping a card in your hand and recur it with crucible, meanwhile it is nearly impossible to interact with. It has none of the problems zuran orb suffers from and has considerable upside.

Views