Favorite Abnormal Victories

• @madmanmike25 YAS! I've had Juggers win the same way in the past.

• Alright - time to think of this again.

Burning Oath mirror against Nick Coss 2013 at Gencon - he casts SHow and Tell, adn we both put GrizzlyBeard into play. I forgot the rule change on legends, nick reminds me, draws 14, and I assume I'm dead. But he wiffs, and I get him.

I have won EASILY a dozen games by "Ancestral - Target you" against opponents on Doomsday throughout the years.

I've used Mindslaver on opponents with Demonic Consultation in hand back in the day (Questing Pheldagriff), as well as the occasional Necropotence or Yawgmoth's Bargain.

One of my favorites is hitting opponent for 15 via Bolt, Bolt, Bolt, Snapcaster Bolt, Snapcaster Bolt.

• @billcopes Some days I wonder why I ever stopped playing with the 5/3 beasties lol.

• I remember losing a match with hermit druid once because I didn't have a dread return in my deck and it was my main win con. I won the first game though.

• Palace Jailer strikes again!

I just won another hilarious game where my opponent was decked because of becoming the Monarch.

Hatebears against UBR Pyromancer: My opponent plays a turn 2 Young Pyromancer but I manage to slow him down with Thalia 1.0 and Glowrider. On my turn 5 I play a Palace Jailer targeting his Pyromancer, but he then Bolts my Thalia in response, making just enough tokens to attack and become the Monarch next turn with 45 cards left in his library. Shit, I'm dead. Well, turns out I'm not, as I manage to lock him out with some Thorn effects, Kambal and eventually Sanctum Prelate at 1 and 2.

This is the final board state:

https://imgur.com/96IkeeQ

• @griselbrother Remind me never to play you if you can use a 3rd account or a friend to ghost. Then again, I never use Cockatrice anymore because it's a terrible program.

• @13nova said in Favorite Abnormal Victories:

@griselbrother Remind me never to play you if you can use a 3rd account or a friend to ghost. Then again, I never use Cockatrice anymore because it's a terrible program.

I don't think anyone would bother to ghost on cockatrice, because why would you? I've never experienced anything suspect anyway. I think cockatrice is a fine program considering the fact that it's free.

• @griselbrother My comment is the fact your screenshot shows both players hands, which you can't do if you're playing in the game. Aso, on cockatrice you're always the bottom player - so it's suspect you're on the top AND you can see both hands.

• @13nova said in Favorite Abnormal Victories:

@griselbrother My comment is the fact your screenshot shows both players hands, which you can't do if you're playing in the game. Aso, on cockatrice you're always the bottom player - so it's suspect you're on the top AND you can see both hands.

Eh, it's just a screenshot from the replay where you can see both player's hands and in the replay, the bottom player is always the one who created the game.

• I have two that stand out for me.

One was at a small proxy tourney a few years ago. I was playing vs some kind of Storm deck with my Oath of Druids. I kept a hand with FoW+Blue, Mox, land, Tinker, Yawgwill, Voltaic Key, blank.
    I counter his first attempt to go off and put down the Key, but fail to draw mana while he draws nothing but mana. Eventually, both of us drawing blanks for what feels like forever, he hardcasts (!) a Darksteel Colossus, and starts beating down.
    At six life, I draw what I thought would be my last card - a mox Sapphire. I think for about five minutes, before coming up with the correct sequence here: Play Mox, Cast Tinker for Lotus. Sac Lotus for BBB, cast Yawgwill. Recast Lotus, Mox from 'yard, Recast Tinker using Lotus mana for Time Vault, activate with the mana from the re-played Mox for infinite turns.
    That was the first time I realised I was actually capable of finding small holes like this to eke out a win.

The other one was even better. It was sometime after that, and I was playing Two Card Monte vs Gush Storm. My opponent had succesfully gotten rid of Leyline and managed to kill a Helm. I had a Welder, an artifact, and an untapped Ancient Tomb in play, when he begins to storm off. Ritual, ritual, ritual, Demonic for Yawgwin, recast the rituals, recast demonic. At this point I say: "Hold it, I want to respond. Tap Welder, sac artifact, to get my Helm back in play, tap Tomb to activate it for 1. Ok?" He thinks for a minute, shrugs, then tries to put a card in his 'yard. At this point I say, "hold it, your deck is now removed from game.", and he goes "What?" "Read Yawgmoth's Will. It Leylines you..." He looked so dejected after that, I actually felt sorry for him.
    But yeah. I won a game, and the match, because my opponent resolved a Yawgwin. How often has that happened in the history of Magic?

WAF/WHF