Old School mtgo

• TMD Supporter

I know Joe Fiorini was asking about this at some point and didn't get anything in return, but Im still gonna ask if there are people who are interested about the idea of playing some sort of Old School variant in mtgo?

• @yugular I'm sure people would like to play freeform old school, but without chaos orb and a number of other relatively common cards being unavailable, it wouldn't quite be the same. Can usually get a Skype game when you want one.

• TMD Supporter

@portland said in Old School mtgo:

@yugular I'm sure people would like to play freeform old school, but without chaos orb and a number of other relatively common cards being unavailable, it wouldn't quite be the same. Can usually get a Skype game when you want one.

Yes it will not be the same. I imagine the actual physical old cards are quite important for the people who play the format. Im merely pondering if something along the Old School Format can be arranged and played in mtgo. It will be different for sure.

• Chaos Orb will not be available, but most other cards are. I think people overstate the importance of Chaos Orb. Of course, it's an iconic card of the format and it'll be missed, but we can certainly play without it. For example, the deck that I usually play is missing no cards on MODO. It would play a Chaos Orb but since I don't own one, I don't play it in paper either. 🙂

If people would like to play, I can put a freeform deck together for this purpose, I'm sure it would be fun.

• TMD Supporter

I have a freeform deck put together and would be happy to play.

WAF/WHF