Where is Oath right now?

• @fsecco true. It is cute tech at the very least, and maybe better than I'm giving it credit for.

• @topical_island I saw it in a list and tried it out. So far it has only been good against blue based control decks like landstill. It is easy to hard cast which is the appeal of it I think. Probably a little too narrow though to be worth the slot.

• @topical_island Althought the WTF??? From the landstill player is almost worth the slot to me, at least from a fun factor lol

• @mourningpalace So, so true. Again, imagine the opponent holding a Supreme Verdict against this card. Regeneration? What is this? 1999?

In fact speaking of 1999, go one step further and imagine that the opponent is Allen Iverson, on Landstill, holding Supreme Verdict. Regeneration? Regenerr-A-tion? Regeneration? RE-generation? You talkin' bout' regeneration? Not indestructible... not in-de-STRUCT-able... but regeneration...

Yes, I will say that much. If I knew I was playing vintage against Allen Iverson, and he was coming with Landstill, I would play Thrun in a heartbeat. #TrollingAllen

• I tested Thrun and found it made no sense to play a 4/4 onto boards filled with opposing Spirit tokens. Carnage Tyrant would be better in this slot. Stormbreath Dragon on the other hand is amazing. And Gisela does the most important work against Workshops. I have lost to Shops after Oathing up Griselbrand, Titan, and so forth but Gisela specifically shuts down their deck. Bear in mind, her clause means that Walking Ballista's activated ability will do exactly 0 damage each time, so she closes off the ways in which you can lose even when things are going your way--this is an important concern given how hyper aggressive Shops has become.

• @brianpk80 said in Where is Oath right now?:

I tested Thrun and found it made no sense to play a 4/4 onto boards filled with opposing Spirit tokens. Carnage Tyrant would be better in this slot. Stormbreath Dragon on the other hand is amazing. And Gisela does the most important work against Workshops. I have lost to Shops after Oathing up Griselbrand, Titan, and so forth but Gisela specifically shuts down their deck. Bear in mind, her clause means that Walking Ballista's activated ability will do exactly 0 damage each time, so she closes off the ways in which you can lose even when things are going your way--this is an important concern given how hyper aggressive Shops has become.

Can you please walk me through how Gisela is better in terms of net match win percentage increase vs. Shops / Dredge / other compared to Blazing Archon? Easy to construct individuals on both sides but my gut says Archon is overall better. If you think it's Gisela, how close is it?

• @bazaarofbaghdad said in Where is Oath right now?:

@brianpk80 said in Where is Oath right now?:

I tested Thrun and found it made no sense to play a 4/4 onto boards filled with opposing Spirit tokens. Carnage Tyrant would be better in this slot. Stormbreath Dragon on the other hand is amazing. And Gisela does the most important work against Workshops. I have lost to Shops after Oathing up Griselbrand, Titan, and so forth but Gisela specifically shuts down their deck. Bear in mind, her clause means that Walking Ballista's activated ability will do exactly 0 damage each time, so she closes off the ways in which you can lose even when things are going your way--this is an important concern given how hyper aggressive Shops has become.

Can you please walk me through how Gisela is better in terms of net match win percentage increase vs. Shops / Dredge / other compared to Blazing Archon? Easy to construct individuals on both sides but my gut says Archon is overall better. If you think it's Gisela, how close is it?

V. Shops, Gisela. V. Dredge, possibly Archon. "Put everything on my Ravager, then my Ballista" is too deadly v. Workshop and leads to losses too frequently, especially if you are Oathing in the mid-game. Gisela is a much faster clock than Archon as well and significantly easier to hardcast. I've had a few close games where my library got very low and her lethality was the difference between losing and winning. Similarly, hardcasting her in places where Archon would be impossible to cast has been relevant.

Archon is better v. White Eldrazi however due to the Karakas factor. Each has pros and cons but with Shops being where it's at right now and the hardcast factor being important, the scale is tilted slightly towards Gisela for me. I have run Archon in the past and it's a fine card, so no disrespect meant to it.

• @brianpk80 So after playing a few leagues with Gisela, I am impressed. Pretty much lights out for shops, and very hard castable.

• @mourningpalace said in Where is Oath right now?:

@brianpk80 So after playing a few leagues with Gisela, I am impressed. Pretty much lights out for shops, and very hard castable.

I'm glad to hear this. It's always disappointing when people copy the list but cut the best cards due to unfamiliarity.

• @brianpk80 pppffffttt... get a load of this Brian dude everybody. Like this guy knows anything about Oath decks. Next he will be telling us to play with some big dragon from type 2 like a 14 year old. What a noob.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.