Did a Vintage Challenge occur today? I was out and about on the holiday weekend and totally forgot it would be the new normal day for them. I didn't see a stream recording for any of the normal people I follow. Thanks!

@mtgGreg Yes, it fired with 49 players. Ryan and I are waiting until they post the top 32 decklists as it allows us to be more accurate with our deck classification. Since they now occur weekly, we feel a delay of 24 hours or so is acceptable.

I watched at least one game featuring each player in the Top 8, and the Top 8 was roughly:

4 Shops (winner)
2 Jeskai Mentor (Diophan in the finals)
1 Delver/Pyromaner (I lost to him in round 1, and he beat Chubby Rain in round 6).
1 Seat of the Synod deck (which I assume is a PO deck of some type)

I might be off by one deck or two, but I think that's what I saw.

I didn't see enough of Chubby Rain's deck in 9th place to know exactly what he played because he got blown out by the Delver player, but I saw JVP, Plows and Paths, so it's a good bet the 9th place deck was a Mentor deck as well.

Jazza, who got 1st in the swiss last week, and scooped since the program gave him all the prizes, landed in the Top 16.

last edited by Smmenen

Jazza is tearing it up just like Montolio was last year. Prediction: Jazza wins NYSE with Shops

Views