Dredge going into Summer 2017

• @vaughnbros oh for sure. Every time. He hit turn one big Thalia turn two reality smasher and it was all down hill. Same tournament round three I had someone play three cages turn one. Never got out from under it. One or two sure. But three was a rough look with an empty board turn 0. Lol

• 0_1503962876438_22ee7963-b9ce-44d9-9e8c-2f33d3bb8a4b-image.png

Well it looks like white gets another 1W options against us. lol.

• TMD Supporter

@poxeveryturn said in Dredge going into Summer 2017:

Well it looks like white gets another 1W options against us. lol.

Dredge can play moderately well without having to cast dread return. However, it does make Cabal Therapy much less effective. But it also doesn't prevent dredging. A bit of a mixed bag, but yes it's yet another option in the W toolkit.

• @apollogod This also does not stop Narco's, Ichorids, Amalgams, or Ghasts. Seems this is a strict downgrade from running RIP and Priest.

• It definitely is a downgrade from those. I was just mentioning it as another option in the same color scheme if someone really wanted to overload. It is certainly not something I would stand on to stop dredge in it tracks

• I can't imagine a metagame in which a Vintage player would run Ashes of the Abhorrent

• @poxeveryturn Ashes is a worse version of cage. Dredge is not an activated ability it's a replacement effect

• This post is deleted!

• @rikter I know that. I was just pointing it out as another option. I wasn't trying to say it was better than cafe. It obviously is well behind cage, priest, and RIP as some of the top tier options. Lol

• @poxeveryturn said in Dredge going into Summer 2017:

@rikter I know that. I was just pointing it out as another option. I wasn't trying to say it was better than cafe. It obviously is well behind cage, priest, and RIP as some of the top tier options. Lol

I don't think we're mad that you brought it up (at least I'm not), it's an interesting card and worth thinking about, I just don't think it could ever be viable.

Structurally, the only reason the card would be worth running over Rest in Peace would be if you have Delve spells (because whatever your opponent is doing to send creatures to the graveyard could be shut down entirely by RIP) but in that instance you would probably prefer Cage or Containment Priest anyway. So far as I can tell, there's no niche for this card

WAF/WHF