[HOU] Nimble Obstructionist

• This wouldn't be bad in bomberman (maybe a sideboard card in mentor/delver?) I don't see enough places for it to go for it to be adopted.

• @The-Gremlin-Lord said in [HOU] Nimble Obstructionist:

@MSolymossy said in [HOU] Nimble Obstructionist:

Also of note that Flash Creatures have seen play. I've done well with the UW Spirit, Vendilion clique, and Snapcasters in a deck, and this card fits that theme.

You can also rebuy all the Wizard effects with Riptide Laboratory and tutor up the ones you want with Vedalken Aethermage.

Do you have a single purpose on this site other than to be a troll and post useless shit, while having my name in your signature hiding behind "the gremlin lord"?

• Between these 2 sets are we going to have enough blue cyclers to enable a cycling deck? Maybe using Drake Haven?

• @MSolymossy said in [HOU] Nimble Obstructionist:

@The-Gremlin-Lord said in [HOU] Nimble Obstructionist:

Also of note that Flash Creatures have seen play. I've done well with the UW Spirit, Vendilion clique, and Snapcasters in a deck, and this card fits that theme.

You can also rebuy all the Wizard effects with Riptide Laboratory and tutor up the ones you want with Vedalken Aethermage.

Do you have a single purpose on this site other than to be a troll and post useless shit, while having my name in your signature hiding behind "the gremlin lord"?

Nah, I think you covered it. Vintage innovation has occurred behind the scenes on team chats and forums for a long time, so it's not as though I'm here for that.

• @The-Gremlin-Lord said in [HOU] Nimble Obstructionist:

@The-Gremlin-Lord said in [HOU] Nimble Obstructionist:

Nah, I think you covered it. Vintage innovation has occurred behind the scenes on team chats and forums for a long time, so it's not as though I'm here for that.

I would appreciate it, since you're hiding behind a false name and not doing anything nearly constructive, if you took my name, or anything resembling my name, out of your signature.

• TMD Supporter

@desolutionist said in [HOU] Nimble Obstructionist:

Vendilion Clique sees play as an answer to Planeswalkers. This card is even easier to cast and is better in multiples. Doesn't look like a card I would play, but just pointing out that a card like it sees play already. Then you could always turn it until an uncounterable Stifle that cantrips. (Tendrils, Flusterstorm, Jar, Wasteland, Fetchland)

This is a great point. I noted that clique and this were very similar, but your post made me realize that they are even more similar than I realized. They're both disruptive 3/1 blue flash flyers for three mana, but Obstructionist IS slightly easier to cast.

Also, Clique is neutral card advantage. Nilmble Obstructionist has the potential to be a +1 card advantage. If you use this card like a Stifle on a fetchland you're destroying (essentially) a permanent and getting a card on the battlefield at the same time. That's like a cheaper Avalanche Riders with flash, flying, and one more power!

• @Islandswamp Not quite - the bird goes to the graveyard, not the battlefield. But this is still +1 C.A. in those situations as you point out.

In general, I think this will see even less play than Vendilion Clique, except this may start to allow the marriage of Island and Ancient Tomb, in which case this may be quite playable.

• TMD Supporter

@BazaarOfBaghdad oh shit I was thinking it was ETB this whole time instead of cycling. I guess if you choose to play the card it stops being disruptive like clique. Of course you can still use it as a pseudo removal spell by flashing in a blocker or surprise attacking a Jace the Mind Sculptor.

• This card was designed to go in a Standstill deck 😍

• @MSolymossy No prob, bud.

• @gkraigher I'm honestly thinking this card is amazing for landstill

• @guanno1249 On Saturday @moorebrother1 had them in the sideboard of his Landstill deck

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.