[HOU] Hollow One

• Administrators

@fsecco @BlindTherapy I actually ran Memnite in the deck for a bit to end the chain with one less green mana - it usually means 1 more Vengevine. That one mana means 8 more damage by the end of next turn, which often gives your opponent one less turn to win or draw outs. I'd be a lot happier with Hollow One>Memnite in that slot ... assuming Survival+Vengevine is the sort of thing you want to be doing anyway.

• @Brass-Man Exactly. Usually you had to pick a Rootwalla last to Survival it with your last mana, play it for 0 and end up with a creature in hand for next turn or whatever (Squee usually if you didn't have any clear idea of what to do next). Now you can do that and end up with 2 Rizowallas, 1 Hollow One and X Vengevines in play <3

• @Brass-Man But I remember the Orcish Lumberjack Survival deck that was more of a toolbox approach, no Vengevines attached. I can see a 1-of Hollow One there too.

• Administrators

I think you'd want to skip the second Rootwalla entirely to get an additional mana. With X green mana you can get X-2 Vengevine, then Rootwalla, then Hollow One. You only need 2 creatures, and both of them count ... it's probably better to keep more Rootwallas in your deck to get back traded-off Vengevines anyway. Four green mana gets you get 8 damage now and 13 damage next turn, for a total of 21 (Tinker->Blightsteel speed!).

That's assuming you have any dead creature in hand. If you have any Vengevines or Rootwallas in hand then you only need three green mana for the same damage. It's possible this is a bigger upgrade than I initially thought (though not likely enough to boost the deck up a tier)

This reduces the dependency on Rootwallas rather than raising it, it might suggest a list that only runs 1.

• TMD Supporter

@Brass-Man

I think you clearly play 1 Anger and 1 Squee in such a deck. I foresee two possible paths for interaction: Counterspells or Thorns/Thalia's. I think one or the other is essential to be able to compete with the other decks. You don't have to worry about Thorns being dead in the shop matchup since your Survivals + Squee should provide enough gas to overpower them. Would definitely need Chewers or some efficient way of dealing with Revokers.

I also don't think Pack Rat is out of the question; that would spread their Revokers thin.

• Administrators

@desolutionist Mostly excited about Manglehorn as an anti-revoker card.

I suspect it's rare that the game will go so long to make Squee good, or you'll have so much mana to make Anger good, though both cards have their moments. Maybe O-Stompy needs its own thread :D

• TMD Supporter

@Brass-Man

That probably depends on how the game presents itself; Squee + Survival wins games by iteself obviously. And you're the one who turned me onto Anger (with Welder); it was ridiculously broken.

• The Anger/Wonder "combo" in ToolsNTubbies (aka TnT) was amazing, and it has alluded me as to why Jeskai with its TfKs and Dacks never tried. Sigh. Anyways I would love to see a new variation of TNT that utilizes Hollow One and Vengevines.

• TMD Supporter

@Serracollector said in [HOU] Hollow One:

The Anger/Wonder "combo" in ToolsNTubbies (aka TnT) was amazing, and it has alluded me as to why Jeskai with its TfKs and Dacks never tried. Sigh. Anyways I would love to see a new variation of TNT that utilizes Hollow One and Vengevines.

TNT......my 2nd favorite deck of all time (I played a pyrostatic pillar version), and loved it....what a fun deck!

• @Brass-Man

I feel like this deck should be base Green White to play Thalias.

A deck with Thalia, bazaar, survival of the fittest, and a 1 of riftstone portal! I can see it now.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.