[HOU] Bloodwater Entity

• alt text

Feels like it is a good thing to play right after a time walk? and then again after that, so on and so forth? I probably would not have given it a second look over Eternal Witness but Flying and Prowess make it a good clock that can punch over a ground clogged with token monks, and certainly it is in the "correct" colors.

• @Protoaddct said in [HOU] Bloodwater Entity:

Flying and Prowess make it a good clock that can punch over a ground clogged with token monks, and certainly it is in the "correct" colors.

My first thought was that this is a Stormchaser Mage. I haven't seen that guy at all (though I did buy a playset!). Snapcaster + casting your flashback card is generally too expensive for most Delver decks. Will the pseudo-snapcaster effect be enough to push this Stormchaser Mage over the top? I don't think so but as an uncommon, I'll probably grab some!

• My first though was restoration angel, then Saheeli.

• My first thought was paradoxical outcome with this and sensei's divining top. Will be play testing this card. My brain says its all there but my gut says this ends up falling short. So for now I'll go with viable to playtest.

• Ok, now, if Gush and Git Probe were unrestricted, this would be insane. As is, May just make its way into current Mentor shells as the 4th JVP. If it had haste or flash, sign me up, otherwise no thank you.

• With Flash, he would have been extremely nutty in combination with miracles. As is I agree he is too fragile and too slow for Vintage.

• Flip a Devastation Tide to Upheaval the board, then cast this guy and put the Devastation Tide on top. Now every turn you can Devastation Tide and recast this guy for the low cost of 2UUR, locking your opponent out of the game provided they don't do basically anything.

• My first thought was "Bad snapcaster mage" and then I moved on. This card goes in the card catalog next to Spellheart Chimera and Engima Drake as 1UR fliers that care about instants and sorceries in your graveyard and will see zero play.

However -- I note that they've been pushing this particular archetype a lot. When they revisit the same well repeatedly, its only a matter of time before something gets good enough to bust through into playable. I'm thinking in particular about Collected Company, and how it arose out of a long line of green 2-4 mana spells that let you look at the top X cards of your library and then draw a bunch of them if they were lands or creatures. (And Sudden Reclamation, which I think is an AMAZING card in casual or Modern but no one really agrees with me.)

So, this card? Donkey farts. But, stay tuned, because this mechanic is eventually going to produce something good.

@The-Gremlin-Lord said in [HOU] Bloodwater Entity:

locking your opponent out of the game provided they don't do basically anything.

Every once in awhile, even Capt. Trolly McTrollface makes me chuckle.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.