SMIP # 67: NYSE Open V Results & 2nd place Tournament Report

This podcast covers the results and Top 8 decks, but also serves as a match-by-match tournament report, discussion-style in the podcast format.

Linky: http://www.eternalcentral.com/so-many-insane-plays-podcast-episode-67-nyse-open-v-results/

Kevin Cron and Steve Menendian discuss the results of NYSE Open V, held June 24 2017, in New York (NY,-USA).

Podcast (somanyinsaneplays): Download (Duration: 1:45:44 — 80.2MB)

0:01:00: Announcements: Eternal Weekend Structure, Prizes, Playmats
0:09:00: NYSE Open Preparation: The state of the metagame, and Jeskai Mentor
0:47:15: The Swiss Rounds
1:04:00: The Top 8
1:35:30: The Finals
Total Runtime: 1:45:44

Show Notes

– July 15, Sanctioned Vintage Trial for a Bye at Vintage Champs (Livonia, Michigan, USA)
– NYSE Open V Top 8 Decklists
– NYSE Open V Twitch Stream Archive

last edited by Smmenen

Great episode! Do you have links to the T8 decklists?

@yugular said in SMIP # 67: NYSE Open V Results & 2nd place Tournament Report:

Great episode! Do you have links to the T8 decklists?

We read some of the Top 8 decklists card for card in the podcast. But the decklists have been posted by Nick, as linked above.

Thank you both for recording this! I've been trying to find the reason why I am so unenthusiastic about the format lately. I thought it may have been about other reasons, such as my lack of budget to switch archetypes or my daily dose of Vintage being tainted by the vitrol of anonymous users on TMD and Facebook. The fact of the matter is, I don't want to play Mentor or against Mentor. Unfortunately it's the TOs, and not WotC, that count the dollar votes of an angry userbase due to the low percentage of new cards finding a spot in the metagame. While the post-restriction metagame was inspirational, it was solved rather quickly, and decks that I might have been able to play were easily showcased as simply not good enough. I hope the mismanagement of Vintage is just that, and not a WotC tactic to kill support and visibility of a format that most players are priced out of.

Views