[HOU] Firebrand Archer

• alt text

I honestly want this card to be good.

• TMD Supporter

Is it good? Seems better than Young Pyromancer while facing down a Mentor. Also triggers from moxen. Deals damage the turn you cast it and kills planeswalkers. I think this card is good but possibly worse than Tendrils.

• Grapeshot with power 2

• Two of these in play = Tendrils for most purposes. Plus it can swing a few times potentiality. Why not just run it on side with Peezy?

• This is another solid card for Harsh Delver style decks, though it does seem to benefit a deck playing more moxen. Maybe in a Jeskai Outcome list?

• I kind of want to play this with deathrite shaman and Moat in a 4c shell.

• How much play did guttersnipe see?

• @John-Cox I actually played guttersnipe in the now-deceased (thanks ballista...) grixis pyromancer. It won me at least 2 games at an EE where I could not attack through blockers for lethal. That does not mean it was good and this card is probably better in the same slot.

• This seems superior to Guttersnipe since it's a mana cheaper and triggers off of any non-creature spell so you can do damage off of jewelry being bounced/played.

• I'd like it to be good too.

The big problem I've seen with 1 toughness creatures is Walking Ballista ... as my piles of dead Eldrazi Mimics attest to ...

Of course if you had a Harsh Mentor out already ....

• @GeoffC said in [HOU] Firebrand Archer:

I'd like it to be good too.

The big problem I've seen with 1 toughness creatures is Walking Ballista ... as my piles of dead Eldrazi Mimics attest to ...

Of course if you had a Harsh Mentor out already ....

Or just play good cards like Null Rod instead :-)

• Yep, I play the Null Rods ... and they are REALLY GOOD when they're down. These days I just play cautiously with the Mimics until I know what's what.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.