3rd at Orcidee 2016, with Bomberman UWR

• 3rd with Bomberman UWR at Vintage Orcidee, EPFL (Switzerland) on 03 April 2016

I don’t know if I can really call it tournament, because only 6 players shows :/
    So as we were not so much, we didn't played for price, but to know who is the best "Daddy-magicians" in a each against each, in 5 rounds.

I ended 3rd with 8 points fighting against :

1. 1-1 Painter Grindstone
    2. 1-1 Oath of Druids (w/ Show and Tell)
    3. 2-0 Landstill
    4. 2-1 Oath of Druids (w/ Show and Tell)
    5. 1-2 MartelloShop

I don’t remember each game play by play, but here is my summary of each round.

1-1 Painter Grindstone
    I just lose game 1 like a champ.
    Game 2, I boarded in my creatures and artifacts hate (4 Swords, 2 Disenchants and 1 Witness).
    Boarded out 2 Aurioks, 2 Spellbombs, 1 Flusterstorm, 1 Drain and 1 plains.
    I managed to win game 2 by stealing a Grindstone, then Disenchant another and Swords a Painter.
    Didn’t have time to even start game 3.

1-1 Oath of Druids (w/ Show and Tell)
    I won game 1, but honestly, it’s more « my opponent lose game 1 ». He didn’t do anything relevant, and I was lucky enough to counter all the relevant spells he casts.
    Game 2, I boarded in 1 Cage (of course), 3 Priest, 2 Disenchants.
    Sideboarded out 1 Aurioks, 2 Spellbombs, 1 Needle, 1 Drain, 1 Missteps.
    I didn’t board in Swords, because honestly, when it’s time to use swords, it’s already too late right ?
    I lose game 2 because my opponent was able to show and tell Griselbrand, and I show a Priest. At this point, I didn’t really know how things happen. I thought both creatures should be exiled, but my opponent wasn't that sur. A guy told us nothing happens, the two creatures are just here. Okay, I lose soon after. Game 3, I lead with a control strategy, and beat down with Priest and cage online. Reallllly close to end the game, but time-out call for new round before ending the game. Sadly a draw.
    After the game, the same guy comes to apologize, because the ruling we adopted was wrong. Bot creatures should be exiled. Not a big deal, we make a small nicotine fix together and laugh about the situation. My opponent even told me he can quick go to the score-table to update the score « 2-0 » for me, but as we are playing for nothing more than the « ranking of 6 daddy-magicians », I told him to stay here, enjoying the nicotine-fix before the next round start. ;)

2-0 Landstill
    The first game was a blast. I lead with Land, Lotus, Crypt, Jace and Time Walk. Then Start to +2 Jace until ultimate. Nothing more to say, except Manacrypt almost kill me before Jace’s ultimate !
    I didn’t board in anything, because I don’t see enough cards from my opponent’s deck.
    Game 2 I keep a good hand, ending in a situation with Dack and Landstill in game. After sculpting my hand with Dack, I finally play a spell (Treasure Cruise I guess) to crack Landstill. As my spell resolve, I supposed my opponent didn’t draw into counter-spell, so I played a Mentor and a Trinket into Sensei. My opponent scooped soon after.

2-1 Oath of Druids (w/ Show and Tell)
    As usual, I lost game 1, then sideboarded like said before and won game 2. But not the 3rd. I don’t remember more, except I mulliganed the first game to 5. Third game, I kept a solid hate-hand, but only with 1 land and 1 Sensei. I didn’t see my second land for several turns, and it was a big mistake.

1-2 MartelloShop
    Wow. Game 1 my opponent turn 1 was something like « Land, Mox, Mox, Mox, Sol Ring, Sphere of Resistance or Amethyst, Lodeston Golem, go ». My expected turn 1 was « Land, Mox, Sensei », So I just play a land and my Mox. Turn 2, my opponent drew and play a second Lodeston Golem. I scooped.
    Game 2 I sideboarded in my artifact hate, sideboarding out Flusterstorm, Missteps, Aurioks and Spellbombs.
    I started with Lands, Sensei and I guess Lotus. At one point, he played a Crucible while I have Dack online, but with only 1 loyalty point since I already took a Revoker to protect my Dack. It took me 2 turn to steal his Crucible. This was the game-winning-play, and I finally ended with some Mentor tokens. Interesting game.
    Game 3 was a kind of Game 1 remake. He makes again a big start with a turn 1 Golem, I Drain it, but couldn’t fully use the mana at my turn. He finally won because of very good Chalice at two (goodbye Disenchants, Drain, etc.) and a « 7/10 that kill all your lands ». Wow..

So, first impressions, very good. I really enjoyed the time, even if we were few, ambiance was rocking. For my next tournament, I will probably put a Cage main.
    The only downside was that I only won the die-roll one time.... what a luck.

Here is my decklist, for reference, with a special thanks to Justin Kohler for all the helps he gave me through messages. Thank you, Justin ;)

BOMBERN UWR
    2 Monastery Mentor
    4 Trinket Mage
    2 Auriok Salvagers

4 Force of Will
    4 Mana Drain
    3 Mental Misstep
    1 Flusterstorm

2 Pyrite Spellbomb
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Engineered Explosives

2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Time Walk
    1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Dig Through Time
    1 Treasure Cruise

3 Dack Fayden
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

1 Sol Ring
    1 Mana Crypt
    1 Black Lotus
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Mox Sapphire

2 Cavern of Souls
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Tolarian Academy
    3 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Island
    1 Plains

SIDEBOARD
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Rest in Peace
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Containment Priest
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    2 Disenchant
    1 Devout Witness

• @kravkenov said:

After the game, the same guy comes to apologize, because the ruling we adopted was wrong. Bot creatures should be exiled. Not a big deal, we make a small nicotine fix together and laugh about the situation. My opponent even told me he can quick go to the score-table to update the score « 2-0 » for me, but as we are playing for nothing more than the « ranking of 6 daddy-magicians », I told him to stay here, enjoying the nicotine-fix before the next round start. ;)

Nope. If you put your Priest into play with Show and Tell, both creatures stay on the table. So I'm kinda glad you didn't change the score there. It would only work if you played Priest in response to SnT.

Wow. Game 1 was something like « Land, Mox, Mox, Mox, Sol Ring, Amethyst, Lodeston Golem, go ». My expected turn 1 was « Land, Mox, Sensei », So I just play a land. Turn 2, my opponent drew a second Lodeston Golem. I scooped.

Also doesn't work that way, since you could've played the Mox under Amethyst and Golem for 1 mana. Maybe you're remembering it wrong?

• @fsecco I probably remember it wrong, but no illegal play were done :)
    I edited the first post. Thx.

• @kravkenov Not illegal, just that you misplayed that game by not playing the Mox hehe. And I'm just saying how Priest works, which is not how your opponent told you after the game. :)

• Have you considered dropping some drains? While it's a hard counter, in this list the extra mana does not seem fully profitable. Also do you maybe need some extra drawing outside the planeswalkers?

Congrats on your finish!

• @xouman I didn't consider dropping some Drains. In my first tournament, my list was a bit different. It was with main deck Tinker-Colossus, and the black tutor package instead of red.
    My feelings with the present list are goods. But sometimes Drains is not castable in the first or even second turn, so I will probably go down to 3 copy (or may be 2). Also double red Spellbomb isn't needed.
    The draw engine was very good, Dack is just awesome to filters, while Jace control opponent draw. But again, I'm far from an Bomberman expert or experienced vintage player, so don't take me on words ;)

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.