PS4

• TMD Supporter

Hi folks! Just bought PS4 mainly for my kids (ages: 9/6/4) and I am interested on any tips on games I should consider. Never before owned any PS or other console. I have however played some back in the 90's and I remember FFVII and FFVIII being one of the best games ive ever played. So if you have any suggestions for games to check out, please tell. Looking for myself and the kids. thanks

• Rocket League is a great time filler for you and is a likely hit with the kids - just be sure to turn off in game chat when they're playing.

• Rocket League is great with a low learning curve but high curve for mastery.

PS4 and Xbox unfortunately has a lot of their biggest hitters as Mature titles: Far Cry 5 is coming out and looks nuts, Assassins Creed hopefully will be good this year, and Wolfeinstein.

• I've heard a lot of great stuff about Horizon Zero Dawn.

• TMD Supporter

Yeah we have Rocket League on OSX already. Kids love it :)

• I have to mention these as well: I happened to really enjoy Final Fantasy 12, and that was remade this year. - very good game, with a high learning curve but definitely a game children can play IMO.

• TMD Supporter

@ said in PS4:

I have to mention these as well: I happened to really enjoy Final Fantasy 12, and that was remade this year. - very good game, with a high learning curve but definitely a game children can play IMO.

Would FFXII be something that I should consider if I wanted to hop in back to the FF series with PS4 or should I get FFXV or just wait for the FFVIIR? I got in to the Dissidia closed beta, that is not a FF game tho it has FF characters in it...

• I highly recommend Sonic Mania. Great game for you and the kiddos - it is easily the best Sonic game since S&K3 and it recaptures the spirit of the originals.

For you, Bloodborne is still one of the best PS4 exclusive titles.

• @yugular said in PS4:

@ said in PS4:

I have to mention these as well: I happened to really enjoy Final Fantasy 12, and that was remade this year. - very good game, with a high learning curve but definitely a game children can play IMO.

Would FFXII be something that I should consider if I wanted to hop in back to the FF series with PS4 or should I get FFXV or just wait for the FFVIIR? I got in to the Dissidia closed beta, that is not a FF game tho it has FF characters in it...

FFXV was ok, I finished it earlier this year but it is definitely an American Style RPG. If you like more traditional FF7 titles I would play XII, definitely an enjoyable remake with the class system being awesome. Also, the ability to speed up the game is pretty great.

• FF XV is very, very bad. If you want a great JRPG that's more dynamic and way better in everything it tries to acomplish you should play Nier: Automata (the main character is very boringly "sexy" so I don't know how you deal that with your kids).

Sonic Mania is great, as are Flinthook, Super Motherload, Guacamelee, Lovers in Dangerous Spacetime (this can be played by 4 at the same time, with 4 joysticks), Pixeljunk Shooter, Valiant Hearts, Broken Age, Hyper Light Drifter, Super Time Force Ultra, Oxenfree, Flower, Hohokum. All indie games I feel are suitable for those ages (a few more fast-paced, a few more children oriented). :)

EDIT: I THINK they're about to release a Ni No Kuni for PS4 too. It's a great RPG, very cute and I'd recomend it for children (it's Studio Ghibli produced).

• TMD Supporter

My current library for kids is:
    Crash Bandicoot - the new release, which is too hard for the kids to play through but they still enjoy it.
    Ratchet & Clank - Also came with the console but we haven't opened it because of the guns and shooting. It can wait 1-2 years.
    Minecraft - Kids love it and I can play it with them with another controller. The smaller kids need a lot of help.
    FIFA18 is preordered.

For me I have:
    Fallout 4
    Madden 18
    South Park preordered

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.