Two Card Monte

• TMD Supporter

@cutlex said in Two Card Monte:

alt text

I honestly cannot keep my eyes away from this .gif.

• TMD Supporter

@mdkubiak said in Two Card Monte:

@hierarchnoble I never said I spoke for him, only was saying what possibly why he said that just for conversation sake. In no way do I speak for @Jaco or anybody else for that matter. Only for myself. Yet you started to attack my credibility, because we disagreed on the terminology of "act like".

It may be best to not make conversation for conversation's sake then. With @JACO having a monetary stake in the Eldrazi with his book, combined with your profile reiterating multiple times how much you love Eldrazi, I found your post to be defending him for who he was more than what he was saying. It didn't read well and I choose to speak on behalf of literal interpretation of the rules and his post. I don't deal in maybes, I work with the objective information that I have available. I'm sorry if this came off wrong.

• TMD Supporter

@hierarchnoble It had zero to do with my feelings on Eldrazi or Jaco. I don't know Jaco at all, honestly. I would have done the same others in the same situation if I cared enough for the subject.

• TMD Supporter

@mdkubiak Since I knew zero about you up until this point I couldn't have known that. I hope we can still trade high fives at EW or something along those lines.

• @mdkubiak prolly just missed it honestly. i knew about the interaction too from the Tusk Talk podcast but I was most likely just caught up in the game. I would have had mana too because in that specific game i had roughly 10 mana at my disposal.

• TMD Supporter

@hierarchnoble No worries, it wouldn’t be fair to expect you to know me. Or let this minor interaction sour my opinion of you before I get to know you. Hopefully one day, I won’t be able to attend EW this year unfortunately.

Maybe a better phrase earlier would have been City of Traitors has a sacrifice component like Legendary does. But let’s drop that.

• TMD Supporter

@studderingdave Heh, no problem was just curious. I just figured it was good to point out for the interactiot in case you may have not known. Hell it didn't dawn on me immediately.

• @hierarchnoble said in Two Card Monte:

@jaco said in Two Card Monte:

Workshop is very hit or miss in the deck. I have only been playing 3 recently as I test out other things. You could test out a Mox-heavy build instead, with something like 1 Workshop, 1 City of Traitors, 2 Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth, and 1-4 Mox Opal in those slots. I would probably not play more than 1 City of Traitors if you go that route, because the fact that it is legendary, doesn't allow you to continue to make land drops, and doesn't provide any colors, makes it tough to use and build with.

While this is very good advice, City of Traitors is not legendary. It just takes a very odd game to end up with two in play at the same time, usually involving Blood Moon.

Yes, it is not legendary, don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. The effect is such that you can't afford to draw more than 1 in the first couple of turns though.

• TMD Supporter

@hierarchnoble said in Two Card Monte:

Workshop is very hit or miss in the deck. I have only been playing 3 recently as I test out other things. You could test out a Mox-heavy build instead, with something like 1 Workshop, 1 City of Traitors, 2 Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth, and 1-4 Mox Opal in those slots. I would probably not play more than 1 City of Traitors if you go that route, because the fact that it is legendary, doesn't allow you to continue to make land drops, and doesn't provide any colors, makes it tough to use and build with.

While this is very good advice, City of Traitors is not legendary. It just takes a very odd game to end up with two in play at the same time, usually involving Blood Moon.

Yes, it is not legendary, don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. The effect is such that you can't afford to draw more than 1 in the first couple of turns though.

Thank you for clearing that up before @hierarchnoble and I get into fisticuffs. Haha

• TMD Supporter

One thing I want to start doing is collecting sideboard cards for 2 Card Monte. The cards I'm looking at is:

Tormod's Crypts
    Hurkyl's Recall
    Rest In Peace

Right now I play @Shaman-Ben's list and I'm trying to think about cards that could be slotted in.

Ben, are planeswalkers any good in your list?

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.