Choo choo, motherfuckers.

Had to bail due to lack of a place to stay 😞

Have fun ya'll!

Oh yeah. 2 Vintage Trials are taking place. So hopefully once again I can win a bye that I will set ablaze in a few months. Gencon is notoriously an Caligulian Orgy of Oath decks so I may have to break out Sabboth Oath Crusher again. I'll have a couple of of Vintage decks on hand @Brass-Man if you want to scratch the itch.

I'm not going to GenCon itself but I live about a half an hour away; if there are any after hours Vintage I'm down. I might have to see if I can borrow a badge to play in a trial.

@t1darkrit said in GenCon Hype Train!:

I'm not going to GenCon itself but I live about a half an hour away; if there are any after hours Vintage I'm down. I might have to see if I can borrow a badge to play in a trial.

Don't bother. The bye will go to the name on the badge.

Also shameless plug. If you are looking for some heroic Marvel miniatures action I am running a FASERIP Tactics Friday A.M.

link text

It's a tactical minis game based on the old school Marvel SHRPG from the 80's before the internet ruined the world.

link text

@nedleeds

I had assumed it would go to the name I gave with DCI #, but the more I thought about it I don't want to do that because there could be a risk of my friend being 86'ed from GenCon or (possibly?) DCI sanctions against me.

@t1darkrit said in GenCon Hype Train!:

@nedleeds

I had assumed it would go to the name I gave with DCI #, but the more I thought about it I don't want to do that because there could be a risk of my friend being 86'ed from GenCon or (possibly?) DCI sanctions against me.

Yeah I wouldn't go down that road. You could maybe use generic event tickets. Get into the hall on a badge, but it'd be depressing to go 4-0 and get it thrown out. I don't think you'd be in hot water with the DCI given you entered the event on your own but only badge holders are supposed to enter events or buy generics. All of this is the reason it's great champs was excavated from Gencon. It's a pain in the ass to get to and organize.

Packed the same two bad decks to lose with as GP Vegas. I figure I can rage quit and go spend my bonus on dumb old cards and St. Elmo's.

When are the vintage events? I'm not playing but I definitely want to stop by and check them out

Friday at 6, and Saturday at 2. Sorta bummed they only have two. But hey, it's Pastimes. We'll be lucky if the building isn't on fire.

.byes for event first the Won

@nedleeds said in GenCon Hype Train!:

.byes for event first the Won

So my Android tablet version of Chrome actually types everything backwards in the compose window. I wasn't drunk when I typed this.

@nedleeds that makes your response much less interesting

Views