Extremely Random - Chicken Pieces pointed out like Chess Pieces

Hey!

I was trying to figure out how to split out an odd number of pieces of chicken among an odd number of people and (being a gamer at heart) one of the more amusing concepts that arose was to "point out" the pieces of chicken as though they were "valued" - similarly to how pieces are valued in chess. I understand that this has a huge subjective component but I thought it would be amusing to see what people think and hey at least this isn't another restricted list topic! 😄

Wing seems like it would be like the "pawn" - so I'd base line that at 1 point.
Leg likely is the next up the chain - personally I'd put it at 2 points.
Thigh I believe would be the third tier up the ladder - pointing it at 3 seems like a decent place to start.
Finally the Breast seems to generally be the most coveted of pieces, akin to the queen in chess. Personally I would put that at 5 points.

So initially that would put us at:

1pts - Wing
2pts - Leg
3pts - Thigh
5pts - Breast

Does anyone have any input on this obviously ridiculous endeavor?

Five wings for a single Chicken Breast? Bargain.

Thigh is vastly superior to breast. (When it comes to chicken)

@thecravenone said in Extremely Random - Chicken Pieces pointed out like Chess Pieces:

Thigh is vastly superior to breast. (When it comes to chicken)

Breast is more protein. It's more value

We clearly need some rubrics for to do positional analysis as well. How valuable is a passed wing? Can we have wrong colored (sauce on) Thighs? Should we try to trade Legs for Thighs early in the game due to endgame considerations later? Is a Leg on the rim (of the plate) a dim idea?

These are pressing questions.

Guys, I don't want to derail this thread, but chicken is flavorless garbagemeat.

@brass-man said in Extremely Random - Chicken Pieces pointed out like Chess Pieces:

Guys, I don't want to derail this thread, but chicken is flavorless garbagemeat.

You are a vegetarian, your opinion is invalid.

How absurd
To kill a bird
For our food -
It's kind of rude
To the little dude.

As someone who has had both carnivorous and herbivorous diets, I can tell you, chicken is the only kind of meat that terrible fake meat actually tastes like. This, I suspect, is not a coincidence.

Since we're talking about random things to do with chicken I have a question. There's an old saying about food that everything tastes like chicken. Given that is true, why dont eggs taste like chicken?

@khahan They do, you just have to wait longer.

So is a porkchop a Rook or a Bishop?

Is this just about chicken? What kinds of sides are being included with this meal?

Also is the chicken fried? Is their gravy?

If its fried is it battered in the blood of its young?

@hierarchnoble It's just about the chicken. The sides are all "scoopable" and easy to portion ... although the exact split COULD be used in part of the negotiation ...

@serracollector No - that would be mighty hardcore tho! 😄

@brass-man Yeah a five-4-one is something we'd be psyched for in MTG that's for certain ... maybe I am overvaluing the Breast due to personal bias...

@serracollector Pretty big fan of pork chops personally so I'd say Rook! 😄

Views