Eternal Extravaganza 7 in Philly!!!!

• Wanted to drop details about EE7 for those of you who weren't already aware of our series. i'll leave a link here. easiest way to get ahold of me is on fb though
    facebook.com/calvin240sx or at the Toamagic.com fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1417654558314452/

Main Event - Vintage (15 Proxy)
    Sunday, September 17

$100 Entry
    Playmat, Dex Protection Deckbox
    Player’s Meeting: 10 AM

1st: $1,500
    2nd: $800
    3rd/4th: $400
    5th-8th: $250
    X-1-1: 250 CR
    X-2: 200 CR

This event will have a HARD CAP of 256 players, preregistration is strongly encouraged.
    All decklists are required and will be published

Proxy guidelines: As this event prominently features coverage, proxied cards will be held to a much higher standard. Proxies should, in general, be existing cards with the text modified to reflect the actual oracle text of the proxied cards. For moxen, the colors of each should be clearly identifiable (modifying the Diamond cycle from Mirage or Tempest / C14 Medallions, for instance.) For dual lands, modifying another two-colored land is preferred.

Proxies are at the discretion of the head judge and may be disallowed if they are not clear across the table.

• Awesome! Thanks for posting Calvin.

• Why do they announce these events so close to time? 3.5 weeks of notice is a huge pain for trying to get hotel and flight :/

• TMD Supporter

@thecravenone said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 in Philly!!!!:

Why do they announce these events so close to time? 3.5 weeks of notice is a huge pain for trying to get hotel and flight :/

It was announced two months ago on Facebook. I understand both why you're bummed that it wasn't crossposted and why Calvin didn't really need to crosspost it.

• @hierarchnoble said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 in Philly!!!!:

Why do they announce these events so close to time? 3.5 weeks of notice is a huge pain for trying to get hotel and flight :/

It was announced two months ago on Facebook. I understand both why you're bummed that it wasn't crossposted and why Calvin didn't really need to crosspost it.

Ah. Punished again by not using FaceBook.

• @hierarchnoble I never find them on facebook. Was it in the vintage facebook group? I just joined that a couple of days ago. Either way, it probably should have been crossposted. I always find out about EE way too late.

• @mediumsteve

yea, it's been all over facebook. i tend to forget that TMD exists bc, well, tmd has become a bit of a cesspool and i try to avoid it. we're adding some EW trials for legacy and vintage to the event. sadly, it's too late for some of you to make plans.

• Unfortunately I do not use FB either - I look here for event announcements. Facebook is the REAL cesspool IMO...

• Yeah Facebook is a terrible institution. It fosters all sorts of bad habits and algorithmically manipulates people to both spend more time on Facebook and to engage in behaviors that get others to engage with facebook (rants, drama etc).

Correlational studies have found a wide variety of negative links on every thing from life satisfaction, to income.

It's basically just awful.

• At least TMD doesn't make you scan and upload a government ID to prove identity. FB is awful.

• TMD Supporter

@nedleeds said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 in Philly!!!!:

At least TMD doesn't make you scan and upload a government ID to prove identity. FB is awful.

I have never done this. Have you done this?

• Found out I have a conflict for EE 2017 anyways, so for my particular case it didn't matter too much. I just remember that last year I found out really late as well. Now I know where it is usually posted for next year.

At least TMD doesn't make you scan and upload a government ID to prove identity. FB is awful.

He probably hasn't but it has been reported before

This is still not on the TOA calendar.

• TMD Supporter

@hierarchnoble said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 in Philly!!!!:

Fair, the only thing I've seen first hand is when Facebook went though and forced everyone with fake names to use real ones. Girls now go First Middle to avoid stalking from thirsty dudes.

For what its worth, they didn't put EE 5 or 6 on there either, so that might be a lost cause.

People refusing to use Facebook is starting to resemble when the elderly refuse to use the internet at all due to fear/misunderstanding/morals. Unfortunately it's how we communicate now.

“I used to be with it, but then they changed what ‘it’ was, and now what I’m with isn’t it. And what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary to me.” - Grandpa Simpson

It happened to me once. I deleted the account created a new one. And I don't actually have any friends on FB ... I only have to login into certain sites that require it and to check various FB groups.

@hierarchnoble said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 in Philly!!!!:

Fair, the only thing I've seen first hand is when Facebook went though and forced everyone with fake names to use real ones. Girls now go First Middle to avoid stalking from thirsty dudes.

For what its worth, they didn't put EE 5 or 6 on there either, so that might be a lost cause.

People refusing to use Facebook is starting to resemble when the elderly refuse to use the internet at all due to fear/misunderstanding/morals. Unfortunately it's how we communicate now.

“I used to be with it, but then they changed what ‘it’ was, and now what I’m with isn’t it. And what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary to me.” - Grandpa Simpson

Some of us maintain clearances. So its a non-starter or massive pain in the ass.

• TMD Supporter

I deleted the account created a new one. And I don't actually have any friends on FB ... I only have to login into certain sites that require it and to check various FB groups.

Some of us maintain clearances. So its a non-starter or massive pain in the ass.

Are you one of these people with clearances? It seems like you beat the system if you are.

• I didn't have FB because of work policies unrelated to any gov't issues. I wouldn't count on FB as being the one and only way of communicating. It's not always a universal and not everyone has a choice on using it.

• Yeah. I used face book back when it was newish in the early 2000. But as time past it became more and more terrible. So then I stopped.

I think smoking is a better example than the internet. In the 1920s everyone did it. Then as time passed evidence accumulated that it was aweful for you. So then anyone with access to good health information quit.

The people quitting Facebook don't resemble old people they resemble health nuts who are cutting out unhealthy stuff before everyone else.

Although now that I've made the analogy, I don't really like comparing myself to health nuts cause they are kind of annoying. :(

• well, since this has done exactly what i expected(people whining and moaning for no real reason other than to do so) i got a few other things to announce.
    Added 5 EW qualifiers to the calendar for EE7.
    Vintage has 2. Legacy has 3.
    dates:
    sept 15th
    legacy 5p.

sept 16th
    Legacy 9a registration. 10am player meeting
    Vintage 5p. bring your cards!! this is Sanctioned play!!

sept 17th.
    legacy 3p.
    vintage. 2p. bring your cards!! this is Sanctioned play!!

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.