Vintage Leagues come to MTGO!

• Administrators

Yeah, I already use MTGO but this is a big improvement for me.

Vintage Leagues mean I can play on a weekday evening after work, and I can stream any time it happens to be convenient for me, for as long or as short as I want to, instead of being locked into very specific windows.

Because I can play in a league whenever I want and not just once a week, I'm more willing to play less traditional lists that I might usually just save for the tournament practice room.

Really looking forward to this.

• Oh man. So now we can randomly time spiral more!

• This is really exciting. I think that this will bring more players into vintage on MTGO. I have several friends who can't make the dailies, but can do random times.
    And there are a lot of names I see playing Vintage but they never join the dailies.

• @brass-man absolutely brilliant!!! This means a lot more opportunities to play something else than tourney practice all the time.

• @brass-man said in Vintage Leagues come to MTGO!:

Yeah, I already use MTGO but this is a big improvement for me.

Vintage Leagues mean I can play on a weekday evening after work, and I can stream any time it happens to be convenient for me, for as long or as short as I want to, instead of being locked into very specific windows.

Because I can play in a league whenever I want and not just once a week, I'm more willing to play less traditional lists that I might usually just save for the tournament practice room.

Don't forget [hopefully] not having to wait around while the rest of the round finishes!

• @13nova said in Vintage Leagues come to MTGO!:

Oh man. So now we can randomly time spiral more!

Supposedly that's getting fixed tomorrow.

• @chubbyrain said in Vintage Leagues come to MTGO!:

@13nova said in Vintage Leagues come to MTGO!:

Oh man. So now we can randomly time spiral more!

Supposedly that's getting fixed tomorrow.

And then what bug will they put into it? Maybe they'll Enter the Infinite one player at random? Maybe you'll be able to type -1 in the player's Life Total and they'll automatically lose. Maybe they'll have Ancient Tomb gain 2 life instead?

• @13nova said in Vintage Leagues come to MTGO!:

And then what bug will they put into it? Maybe they'll Enter the Infinite one player at random? Maybe you'll be able to type -1 in the player's Life Total and they'll automatically lose. Maybe they'll have Ancient Tomb gain 2 life instead?

And that's part of the excitement! MTGO is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get. Well, if the chocolate is replaced by feces...

0_1503425784625_77e70a58-0efc-41cd-b6e2-8900a0eeb884-image.png

Bon Appetit

• TMD Supporter

This is pretty exciting. I may have to rebuild my collection instead of selling the rest of it off...

• It is a great investment if you don't have access to play regularly,, even with all the bugs. I was looking at Montolio's most recent winning decklist on one of the dailys, and Cardhoarder had the full deck for $545 cash as of yesterday. Probably 20% of that is just in the Wastelands so power must have really come down in price...

• TMD Supporter

It seems like the price of power has begun a rapid climb since this announcement.

• @apollogod
    Glad I finally took the plunge and bought in two months ago.

I am very excited about this. I'm am one of the probably many players that can't play in most dailys but would be up for a round or two after getting home from work.

• This is pretty big. We are no longer constrained to having to set aside 4+ hours at a specific time to play in a Vintage tourny.

• I was having problems playing regularly in dailies so I sold out. Bought the power back as soon as I heard this and will be buying the rest back soon. Such a huge improvement.

• Awesome. So glad to see this. I hope enough people play in the leagues to make this work!

• @vaughnbros said in Vintage Leagues come to MTGO!:

This is pretty big. We are no longer constrained to having to set aside 4+ hours at a specific time to play in a Vintage tourny.

In my experience it was set aside four hours, get drunk during the half hour between finishing match one and starting match two, drop after match two because I'm drunk and bored.

• Power has risen quite a bit following the announcement. Hopefully, this translates into more players playing online Vintage.

0_1503519483377_6ffadd51-d5bf-48f4-81a2-37ed61439092-image.png

• @chubbyrain Also translates to me not bothering to buy a copy of Windows to reinstall MODO >.<.
    But good for the format, I assume. Or something.

• @necrogeist
    Paying for an operating system? What is this, 1993!?

• Administrators

Amusingly, I literally bought an OS and reinstalled MTGO yesterday ... but that's because my hard drive died last week, which is probably unrelated to this discussion :D

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.