[XLN] Search for Azcanta//Azcanta the Sunken Ruin

• alt text
    alt text

I feel like this card has potential. 7 GY is easy to reach. Repeatable card filtering seems good too.

EDIT: better picture link as I'm on mobile: https://m.imgur.com/a/t0BSp

• 2 Mana to do nothing.... and then a few turns later, flip it, pay some more mana to finally get a card?

I am not a fan of baby Jace, but wouldn't you rather be using the little guy? Or even Dack for one more mana?

• If it said "your next end step" instead of "during upkeep"
    This card would definitely see play.
    I would rather see lands transform into enchantments, artifacts or creatures. That way it would help against prison decks.
    Hopefully we see a land that transforms into a planeswalker. Yeah, that'd be the day.
    All that said, I still like it. This set has a few cards for Commander, so far.

• I found the card quite interesting, actually.
    Maybe not an obvious powerhouse, but it seems to me a card that would be quite good in the workshop matchup. I think the flipside would be mostly an island and that is perfectly fine. The additional ability just grabs the attention and distracts from why this card can be good.
    It functions similar to a Dark Confidant there, except that it doesn't die to Walking Ballista. It finds you land drops turn after turn, which can be hugely important. Workshop have little to interact with it.
    Finally, when it flips it is an additional land drop, which hardly ever seems to be mentioned. Just as an island it would have been good to get an additional land out, but this also has the ability to break open the late game.

I am actually quite excited about this card. I don't think there is an obvious home of or it. Neither do I think it is a new staple, but I do like it as a role player and think that it is deceptively powerful. Blue doesn't usually get mana acceleration in the form of additional land drops. So getting one at two mana with some card filtering in between seems quite nice.

Lastly. You can play a second copy once the first flips.

• This is a neat card that can help in a variety of grindy matchups. The format doesn't seem super grindy right now, which will limit its play, but that could change if this could be a role player in the sideboard.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.