[IMA] Change to rules on Blood Moon effects

• @thecravenone Which somehow reminded me of the time my buddy told me he choose Bazaar of Wonders when he cast Revoker against his Dredge opponent. He won that game and told the guy "You should have probably activated your Bazaar" before he left.

• FYI, this interaction is bugged on MTGO. I tried to build a deck around Moon + Dark Depths but the cards do not work correctly (Depths still enters play with counters).

• @shaman-ben said in [IMA] Change to rules on Blood Moon effects:

First, we played Dark Depths with Vampire Hexmage. But that was not good enough. So we started playing it with Thespian's Stage, and that was not good enough either. So we decided to make it cost a little more and have less stability and play it with Solemnity, and no matter how bad that was we could at least talk about if not terribly execute the plan with Mirage Mirror.

But none of this was enough.

So now, we are going to play our own, hate card, play dark depths, and destroy our hate card to get MARIT LAGE!

You people sure like to work hard at things.

Before anyone figures it out, I am going to let you in on the next piece of brilliant and unexplored bit of Dark Depths Technology.

For 30 mana spread out over however many turns you can manage to live, you can summon MARIT LAGE with only one card!

But how you ask?

The options are limitless.

Modern uses some combo from Hour of Devastation and Devoted Druid to create infinite mana. Why not make just 30 and summon MARIT LAGE?

You could Animate a Worldgorger Dragon. I have killed people with Caller of the Claw and 20,666 bears, why not Marit Lage?

You could cast power artifact on your basalt monolith and pretend you are playing oldschool, making MARIT LAGE the newest pair of shoes on the power line.

If you gain enough life, its reasonable to cast channel and summon Marit Lage in exchange for 30 life.

Only you can prevent forest fires. Dont get caught up trying to summon Marit Lage to do so.

Marit Lage // Thespian's Stage is definitely good enough (just don't make that the only thing you do all match)

• @hardy is this true that is how this work?

• @themonadnomad Yes. Like @thecravenone said, it will no longer ask for a creature type (but you're probably free to say something anyway).

If a nonbasic land has an ability that causes it to enter the battlefield tapped, it lose will that ability before it applies. The same is also true of any other abilities that modify how a land enters the battlefield or apply “as” a land enters the battlefield, such as the first ability of Cavern of Souls. This is a change from previous rulings.

Dropping a CoS under a Blood Moon would be pretty bad unless you really need a Mountain that might turn into a Wastes.

• @hardy said in [IMA] Change to rules on Blood Moon effects:

@themonadnomad Yes. Like @thecravenone said, it will no longer ask for a creature type (but you're probably free to say something anyway).

If a nonbasic land has an ability that causes it to enter the battlefield tapped, it lose will that ability before it applies. The same is also true of any other abilities that modify how a land enters the battlefield or apply “as” a land enters the battlefield, such as the first ability of Cavern of Souls. This is a change from previous rulings.

Dropping a CoS under a Blood Moon would be pretty bad unless you really need a Mountain that might turn into a Wastes.

A mountain that lets you cast Eldrazi? What could be better!

• @evouga

This is an iconic masters ruling change, so you won't see it on modo until a bit after that set's released.

• @structuremole No I don't think that's right... the change was announced as part of the Ixalan rules changes: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/ixalan-comprehensive-rules-changes-2017-09-28

• @evouga I'd only seen it in the IMA release notes before, but thanks for finding this.

• Supposed to be with effect from Ixilan.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.