Vintage 101: Spy VS Spyglass

• TMD Supporter

alt text

Fresh Tech

The artifact-heavy theme of Kaladesh lent itself well to Vintage, and as such there were several high-profile and powerful Vintage cards from that set (and it's follow-up, Aether Revolt). The following sets Amonkhet, Hour of Devastation, and Ixalan didn't have quite as much for Vintage, but they still had some gems.

The Locust God had one notable finish that I was able to find. I've seen Manglehorn played in a few sideboards. Also Hollow One is popping up somewhat frequently in Vintage nowadays. Continue Reading on MTGGoldfish !

I would like to thank all of you for your support over the past few years. It means a lot to me. Believe it or not, this job is not easy. It requires sacrificing some sleep, leisure, or family time in order to have a window of freedom large enough to crank an article out.
    I could go on like this for a while longer, but I don't think this is the place for my ramblings. Just know that I do appreciate the community very much.

Special shout-out to @hierarchnoble for making a cool spyglass deck.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/vintage-101-spy-vs-spyglass

• TMD Supporter

Thanks for the huge shout-out, Joe! You did an amazing job mapping out the synergies and plan of the deck, and I'm glad you enjoyed the design. I enjoy reading any of your work and support your efforts, even if it's just cheering from my office chair. I look forward to seeing many more articles in the future.

• TMD Supporter

@hierarchnoble Thanks man. I do like the deck very much, and I would totally play it. Once I have my MTGO collection going again I would love to test it out.

• I love your Vintage articles they are very enlightenment about the format! =D

I'm not really sure if I have saw this list in an article but have you saw this Dredge list that runs Mox Sapphire/Black Lotus and Ancestral Recall?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/766648#online

I have played against it and It is very strong. It doesn't have the Force of Will protection package but If your opponent could not combo or do something "unfair" It is very hard to disrupt.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.