1 Flusterstorm
    1 Balance
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Massacre
    3 Defense Grid
    1 Graftdigger’s Cage
    4 Tormod’s Crypt

Round 1 Lost to Ham Sandwich
    Round 1 started off akward. We got to the store, without realizing there was 6 “Hi-Score’s” in the cities. I called them at about 11:50a (event started at 12p) and told them we went to the wrong place and ask if they’d wait for me. He said he couldn’t wait and I would have to get a round 1 loss for being late, but he’d sign me up. Honestly, I was just happy to be able to play Vintage… We head over.

Round 2 2-0 Land Still
    Game 1, opponent fetched T1, tapped out for Ponder, I combo’d off with Tendrils. Game 2, opponent rolled some beats with Factories, got me down to 8. I generated a billion storm but couldn’t find a tutor or Tendrils, so I just Tinkered for Blightsteel and Time Walked.

Round 3 2-1 Mono W Eldrazi
    Opponent plays T1 Thalia off a Cavern, I look at my FoW in hand and cry a little. He plays a couple more Eldrazi off a second Cavern T2 and my face gets Reality Smashed. Game 2 on the play, I Tinker out BSC and he concedes before drawing his first card. Game 3, he doesn’t get T1 Thalia and I Tendrils combo on T2.

Round 4 2-0 Old School Storm
    Game 1 was funny, I storm up and fizzle and pass the turn. Then he storms up and fizzles as well and passes is back to me. I draw a Yag’s Will, recast the Paradoxical (only card in yard) he Flusterstorms the Paradoxical (9 storm at this point), I have enough mana to pay it (due to Academy and rocks). Draw a million cards and finally win on the second try. Game 2, he plays a Crypt on T1, along with some mana rocks, empties his hand and Balances. Leaving both of us with no hands, no lands, but he has a crypt and a mox. The crypt slowly wears him down, I get Snapcaster down and beat along side the Crypt for the win.

Round 5 0-0-1 ID (They told me Shops, but I never saw the deck)
    After my loss in Round 1, I fought back to 4th place at the end of round 4. I go to sit down and my opponent offers a draw, we do the math, decide we both draw into top 8.

Top 8 2-0 Ravager Shops
    I’m 5th seed so I’m on the draw the rest of the day. I mull down to 5 and see Land-Mox-Mox-Mox-Demonic Tutor. Plan to Tutor for a Paradoxical, draw a bunch of cards and hopefully win on T2. Opponent drops a T1 Sphere, so I have to spend my T1 Deploying moxes, T2 Resolving Demonic Tutor (Went for Tinker Instead), and T3 Tinker out Blightsteel. Opponent gets beats from Factories and Steel Overseer for a few Turns. When I attack with Blightsteel, he blocks with one creature, I bounce the one creature and win with Infect. Game 2, he gets out a Revoker, Sphere and Overseer. He is beating on me and I’m able to use Hurkyl’s and Engineered Explosives to buy some turns. He gets me down to 5 with lethal on the board before I finally find a PO, and 10 min and 40ish storm later, I’m able to Tendrils.
    (1-0 Top 8)

Top 4 0-2 Ravager Shops
    So, before the Top 4 plays, we all decide to spilt the Top 8 prize pool evenly which came to 50.00 cash and $45 Store Credit. The only stipulation was we all got to play for fun. Game 1, storm off with Tendrils. Game 2 and 3 I get locked out by Trinisphere super early and have no game either time.

I had an absolutely amazing time playing this deck. Paradoxical Outcome is such a powerhouse! I will note, that I have never played this deck, didn’t have a net deck deck list, finished building the deck yesterday and my first game with it was literally Game 1 in Round 2!

• Congrats! If Hi-Score runs Vintage again I'll try to make it up next time from Iowa.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.