Eternal Weekend

• TMD Supporter

Hello all.

With Eternal Weekend coming up I wanted to take the time to wish all of you luck. After the event I will probably be doing an article about the Vintage Championships, as well as a possible preview article.

I really wanted go to the event for the first time this year but it would have been irresponsible of me to do so. I probably could have coughed up the cash for the trip, but that would have been a misallocation of funds designated for legitimately important expenditures. I also would have had to find a way to borrow thousands of dollars worth of cards as I only own enough to make a 15 proxy deck.

Maybe next year I'll see you guys. I hope you have fun!

• Ever considered working towards getting Bazaars together to play dredge? I know they have gone up significantly but it still remains a pretty affordable (vintage-wise anyway) in-road to paper vintage...

• Is anyone (Jaco?) going to be attempting to collect all decklists again? I'm happy to help out!

If you find me, I'll have around 100 Lhurgoyfs to give out so be sure to ask for one!

• @thecravenone Typing up lists or doing a metagame breakdown? We are definitely planning on doing a metagame breakdown, but typing up the lists was a lot of work for not much in the way of benefit (as far as I could tell).

• TMD Supporter

I'm super excited to be in the booth all weekend! I'll be getting a break now and then and would love to meet some of non-Northeastern Vintage crew. I already promised some dude on Facebook I'd sign any non-Hierarch card with Noble in its name, so I guess I'll extend that invitation to anyone here (I have zero expectation, let's be honest). If you can't catch me there, catch Randy Buehler, Mark Hornung and myself on I believe twitch.tv/cardtitan.

• @chubbyrain said in Eternal Weekend:

@thecravenone Typing up lists or doing a metagame breakdown? We are definitely planning on doing a metagame breakdown, but typing up the lists was a lot of work for not much in the way of benefit (as far as I could tell).

Personally, I prefer full deck lists for two reasons"

1. Eliminate the vagaries in deck naming that come with a metagame breakdown
    2. Let me see the weird one and two ofs that I'd never considered

If anyone has a line on acquiring decklists other than me just asking Card Titan for them, I'd be happy to put in the work!

@hierarchnoble said in Eternal Weekend:

I'm super excited to be in the booth all weekend! I'll be getting a break now and then and would love to meet some of non-Northeastern Vintage crew. I already promised some dude on Facebook I'd sign any non-Hierarch card with Noble in its name, so I guess I'll extend that invitation to anyone here (I have zero expectation, let's be honest). If you can't catch me there, catch Randy Buehler, Mark Hornung and myself on I believe twitch.tv/cardtitan.

I nominate Noble Banneret for worst Noble card.

• I just want to say that this is my first time attending Eternal Weekend, and I'm so damn excited. Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet some of my Vintage idols, and other neat people this weekend!

• 0_1508255410244_08112011hornungeliastweet.png

#NeverForget #TheNorthRemembers #TeamDredge #MikeNobleBarn

I just hope I get to call Dredge winning......again.

• @womba said in Eternal Weekend:

0_1508255410244_08112011hornungeliastweet.png

#NeverForget #TheNorthRemembers #TeamDredge #MikeNobleBarn

I just hope I get to call Dredge winning......again.

Anyone wanna get a pool going?

• TMD Supporter

• @thecravenone said in Eternal Weekend:

Is anyone (Jaco?) going to be attempting to collect all decklists again? I'm happy to help out!

I'm going to try to collect them all again (perhaps after the metagame ballers do their thing), and then simply scan the non-T32 ones so people can still have access to everything for historical purposes.

• @islandswamp Why not? Don't like the deck??

• TMD Supporter

@themonadnomad said in Eternal Weekend:

@islandswamp Why not? Don't like the deck??

It's still more than I want to pay and I don't enjoy playing it online. I barely play at all anymore because of how little I enjoy it.

Tbh I am not trying to get any cards at all anymore. At least not any time soon. It's super low priority. I have not played paper magic in over a year so there's no rush.

• @islandswamp Why don't you enjoy playing?

• TMD Supporter

@aaron-patten why don't people like anchovies? Some do. I don't. That's it in a nutshell.

• Administrators

OMG IT'S COMING

• I have successfully paid all of the bloody tolls to drive from MKE to Pitt (didn't realize it's $40+) and checked into the airbnb. Despite having 3 other people have life betray them, I am attending my first EW, even if I had to travel alone. I will do my best to make sides run smoothly for everyone and then destroy all of you on Saturday, ultimately failing to top 8 so I won't have judge schedule conflicts. ;) I look forward to meeting all of you twitch "celebrities" and being able to jam real Magic with all of you, even if the "real Magic" will just be other side events, and I'll have a faux deck (I gots me a fat box of spaghetti monsters).

• @colbey81 did the same thing for the first big legacy event I attended, have a blast dude #TeamStag

• Hmmm hopefully no double land plays, dodgy pile shuffles or peculiar foil sideboarding incidents on camera

• @supertimland this happen last year?

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.