Eternal Weekend

• Administrators

OMG IT'S COMING

• I have successfully paid all of the bloody tolls to drive from MKE to Pitt (didn't realize it's $40+) and checked into the airbnb. Despite having 3 other people have life betray them, I am attending my first EW, even if I had to travel alone. I will do my best to make sides run smoothly for everyone and then destroy all of you on Saturday, ultimately failing to top 8 so I won't have judge schedule conflicts. ;) I look forward to meeting all of you twitch "celebrities" and being able to jam real Magic with all of you, even if the "real Magic" will just be other side events, and I'll have a faux deck (I gots me a fat box of spaghetti monsters).

• @colbey81 did the same thing for the first big legacy event I attended, have a blast dude #TeamStag

• Hmmm hopefully no double land plays, dodgy pile shuffles or peculiar foil sideboarding incidents on camera

• @supertimland this happen last year?

• @supertimland There was a Dredge player that mulliganed to 3 two times in a row and after that kept shuffling so slowly and thoroughly that he managed to make the last 10 minutes of the match into a draw before game 3 even started. I was astonished no one warned him for slow-playing and also have no idea if he got punished for his wrong mulligan. Anyone knows what happened?

EDIT: found it. Round 6, Tim Morrison is the player. (5:53:00 in this video https://go.twitch.tv/videos/183975724)

• I'm not super active on TMD but it was good to say hi to many of you for the first time in person. Can't wait to read everyone's reports.

• @supertimland There were a couple technical violations during my match in Round 4 too - For some reason I ticked dack down 1, then noticed it, then ticked it up 2. It wasn't maliceous at all, and we had a judge next to us the entire match. It didn't matter either because I never stole anything else that game.
    I also missed exiling a Preordain, which the judge told me about shortly before I scooped. I'll have a lot more on the match later.

• @fsecco said in Eternal Weekend:

@supertimland There was a Dredge player that mulliganed to 3 two times in a row and after that kept shuffling so slowly and thoroughly that he managed to make the last 10 minutes of the match into a draw before game 3 even started. I was astonished no one warned him for slow-playing and also have no idea if he got punished for his wrong mulligan. Anyone knows what happened?

EDIT: found it. Round 6, Tim Morrison is the player. (5:53:00 in this video https://go.twitch.tv/videos/183975724)

At the end of this, didn't Randy say that Tim felt so bad about it that he just gave his opponent the concession? If so, the problem solved itself in a sense. The part that baffled me is that how his opponent missed it because in the mulls to 6 and 5, he specifically stopped Tim and asked him to show his cards and was using his hands a lot, it seemed....

• @loukayza Hum, I didn't see that. Was watching through my 4G connection on my cellphone and had to turn it off several times - which is why I'm asking what happened. Didn't know if they followed it up or not. Good to know :)

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.