Midwest Vintage

• My buddy in Iowa is looking at getting back into playing and I live in Milwaukee. I know there's Chicago tournaments, can anyone point me in the direction of that info (or any other Midwest Vintage)? Thanks!

• @colbey81, We have around 10 people who play vintage in Chicago. I just sent you a Facebook friend request.

• @colbey81 I currently live in Madison but I proxy duals/power etc for local events. @Rasputin we used to run at Xtreme Games in Gurnee (now Antioch) but couldn't get good pull. Those events ended two years ago.

• @colbey81 if you can get things going in WI or Iowa, I'm sure a few of us from Chicago would venture your way. I have heard there may be an event in a few weeks here in the city... but nothing confirmed yet.

• We have just announced a Vintage tournament in Chicago proper for Saturday November 18. All details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/146845216065567/

We're probably going to work with a couple of local venues to do start doing regular monthly Vintage tournaments in Chicago (some will be at game stores, some will be at bars and/or breweries). I'm thinking about organizing a quarterly event in Milwaukee as well. If you are interested in playtesting we now have a group of about a dozen guys in the Chicago proper for Vintage, as well as a handful more in the surrounding suburbs. Feel free to DM me if interested.

• @jaco is good games the old magic card market?

Im interested in going to this But im not interested in that venue.

• @13nova No, this is a new game store. If you act like an adult and don't alienate people at the event I'm sure you will be welcome.

• @jaco said in Midwest Vintage:

We have just announced a Vintage tournament in Chicago proper for Saturday November 18. All details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/146845216065567/

We're probably going to work with a couple of local venues to do start doing regular monthly Vintage tournaments in Chicago (some will be at game stores, some will be at bars and/or breweries). I'm thinking about organizing a quarterly event in Milwaukee as well. If you are interested in playtesting we now have a group of about a dozen guys in the Chicago proper for Vintage, as well as a handful more in the surrounding suburbs. Feel free to DM me if interested.

I'm here for all of this.

• @jaco it's by alienating people you mean calling out that the store decided to not run a top floor because "I work long hours this week", I'll call up stores for doing bullshit all the time.

Im not here to discuss that, I just wanted to know a simple question. You are alienating ME by calling me out for 3+ year old shit.

• Administrators

People who are toxic to the community shouldn't be accommodated. If that's not you at this time, you have nothing to worry about.

• @13nova fwiw I think the same employee will be running the event at the new store.

• @delverofpunts said in Midwest Vintage:

@13nova fwiw I think the same employee will be running the event at the new store.

Then I am out - I have no interest in driving 4 hours+ round trip to play a 4 round swiss event with no top 4 cut because "I worked long hours so I'm closing".

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.