Deal Me In Games Sunday Dec 10 Final 2017 event!!!

• Deal Me In Games presents its 6th and final event in the 2017 Vintage Tournament Season. The event will be hosted, as always, at Deal Me In Games on the second weekend of December. That is SUNDAY, Dec 10th starting at noon.

This is the final event in our 2017 series and your last chance to land a coveted spot in the top 8 overall standings.

Here are the details:

Who:
    Jason at Deal Me In Games

What:
    15 proxy playtest T1 tournament

Where:
    127 East Philadelphia Ave
    Boyertown, PA 19512
    ph#: 484-415-0058

When:
    SUNDAY Dec 10, 2017 at 12 Noon

Why:
    So we can get together and have fun playing Magic the Gathering in its best format ever for some kickass prizes. ***

Entry:
    $30 at the door

Prize structure - $1000 total in store credit scaled from 30 entries*

1st place: $300 store credit
    2nd place: $200 store credit
    3rd: place: $100 store credit
    4th place: $100 store credit
    5-8th: $75 store credit

The 2016 events were all a blast. But we're looking for more in 2017. That's why 2017 will see a few major changes to the Deal Me In Games schedule. First instead of hosting tournaments ever 3-4 months we are moving to 1 tournament every other month. Most tournaments will be the 2nd weekend of the month. This will typically only vary depending on pre-releases and major tournaments.

***Next, the big announcement - we will track standings and participation for ALL PLAYERS thru the course of the year. At the end of the year we will be able to crown the Champion of DMiG!!! Points will be awarded each round you play - Win=3, tie=2 Loss=1. Points will accumulate throughout the the year so the more events your participate in, the more points you can accumulate. Prizes will be given at the end of the year to the top player.
    These points will not have any affect on individual tournaments or prizes for each tournament. The point system and any prizes associated with it are purely a bonus to our normal structure.

The top 8 point earners will be invited to a special invitational only event at the end of the year/beginning of 2018.

Our point totals are as follows (listed alphabetically by last name):

Leon Anton 14
    Dan Barkon 54
    Josh Barkon 71
    Jason Beaupre 38
    Jeremy Beaver 57
    Joe Brennan 51
    Sullivan Brophy 13
    Matt Buck 42
    Josh Butker 9
    Max Clark 9
    Samantha Dayton 35
    William Dayton 61
    Nicholas DiJohn 11------
    Dominic Difebo 25
    Zach Dobbin 40
    Troy Fluks 9
    Josh Fuller 11
    Stephen Ganter 14
    John Geras 18
    Ryan Glackin 10
    Chuck Greb 11
    Dean Harris 7
    Steven Harvey 25
    Sean Higgins 5
    Greg Hoover 53
    Chris Hopkinson 9
    Evan Hundertmark 36
    Chris Kelsey 15
    Nicholas Kirkenbauer 9
    Josh Lalo 20
    Madi Lentz 7
    Joel Lim 11
    Ryan McKinney 16
    Dan Miller 43
    Michael Monks 11
    Zack Mullin 17
    Mike Noble 6
    Steve Nowakowski 36
    Joe Pace 11
    Josh Potucek 26
    Josh Richards 27
    Keith Seals 53
    William Sees 23
    Carson Shup 5
    Dan Sollazzo 7
    Chris Varosky 38

With a current top 8 for the year:
    1.Josh Barkon 71
    2.Will Dayton 61
    3.Jeremy Beaver 57
    4.Dan Barkon 54
    5.Greg Hoover/Keith Seals 53
    6.Greg Hoover/Keith Seals 53
    7.Joe Brennan 51
    8.Dan Miller 43

Finally, at this event, Jason will be announcing just what the top 8 is gunning for. Its been a big question all season long.

• This event is coming up soon. Get Excited!

• @blood said in Deal Me In Games Sunday Dec 10 Final 2017 event!!!:

This event is coming up soon. Get Excited!

We should have some announcements for 2018 coming up as well at this event.

• The final Deal Me In Games 2017 Vintage event has come and gone. We had a snowy, holidy filled turn out of 14 people for the grand finale. Not only did this cap off the year, but it capped off the Deal Me In Games 2017 Tournament of champions invitational series with a final standings formalized and the top 8 in the year long points competition receiving an invitation to a special 8 man tournament. But first the finals for the tournament yesterday:

We had 14 people with 4 rounds and cut to top 8 (yes it should have been 5 rounds cut to top 4, but Jason like to give away prizes so we went with top 8). Our top 8:
    Dan Barkon
    Leon Anton
    Mike Noble
    Keith Grim
    Jason Beaupre
    Josh Barkon
    Daniel Miller

In the top 8 we had Dan Barkon (shops), Josh Barkon (shops), Jason Beaupre (r/w aggro control) and Keith Seals (shops) advance to the top 4. The Barkon Brothers bullied Keith and Jason to a top 2 split of the prize pool.

And with the split, Josh secured the #1 seed in Tournament of Champions and Dan secured the #2 seed.

There was discussion of a split of top 8, but ultimately we had other considerations. With 7 spots virtually locked, Dan Miller had a narrow lead on the 8th slot. A top 8 split would have secured it for him, but he was holding back somebody else in the top 8 - Jason Beaupre. So they played the quarterfinals with Dan losing his match and Jason winning his. Jason needed 4 points to tie and 5 points to take the 8th spot for himself. After advancing from the quafterfinals all he had to do was win the semi's and the #1 spot and he'd slide in. Unfortunately (for Jason, fortunately for Dan?) he met a Barkon who have dominated our shop all year long.

Also, a big congratulations to Stephen Ganter - our door prize winner. After round 3 we had a name drawn at random to receive a Tempest edition Wasteland as a thank you to those souls who braved the winter weather to come support our shop.

Now for the big invitational tournament. When the idea was first conceived Jason K. and myself were thinking of something simple like an unopened box of eternal masters to the winner. But as always Koresko went above and beyond with his prize support, digging into his own pocket to provide superb prizes for the top 8 invitational.

On January 13th the top 8 will be doing a single elimination tournament to determine the order to draft: 1st - mint condition unlimited Underground Sea 2nd - slightly played, signed unlimited Underground Sea 3/4 place choice of mid-ranged value duals 5-8th store credit.
    Here is your top 8 invitationals winners, in order with total points on the season:

1. Josh Barkon 87
    2. Dan Barkon 72
    3. Keith Seals 66
    4. Jeremy Beaver 62
    5. Will Dayton 61
    6. Greg Hoover 60
    7. Joe Brennan 58
    8. Dan Miller 53

Congratulations to our top 8 finishers both in this tournament and the invitational series. And thank you all who have come out to support Deal Me In Games vintage in Boyertown in 2017!!!

• Now the for big news for 2018 - there's a lot of it:

1. Starting in January of 2018 Deal Me In Games will move to a monthly tournament, targeting the 2nd saturday of each month. This was the most common question I had from 2017 - "When are you guys moving to monthly?"

2. We will continue our invitational series with a point reset in January. As of January, all players points get wiped clean to 0 and we begin the process anew.

3. Entry fee will be changing a smidge. In 2018 we will go to a $35 entry fee, 100% of which goes to prize support. $30 will go towards that months fee. $5 will go towards the invitational support.

4. And finally Deal Me In Games will start a month long Vintage League Series. Each month for a $5 entry you can enter our vintage league. This is a 100% proxie league. All games must played in the store to count. Any time you and another league participant are in the store, you can play games. Prizes (100% of prize pool) will be given out at the end of each month based on total wins, win % and maybe a few other categories like most unique deck, best win etc. We'll support the most wins and win% first and if we have a big enough pool can branch it out from there.

Here's looking forward to 2018 and growing our Vintage community at Deal Me In Games

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.