Flipped Cards and Cloning

• If you use Mirage Mirror to clone Budoka Gardener and flip it, does Mirage Mirror retain its flipped ability after the effect wears off, essentially making it a "flipped" Mirage Mirror?

If so, when I later copy Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant, will the Mirage Mirror be the creature or the enchantment? If it becomes the enchantment, at any time is it the creature, requiring one to be sacrificed?

• After digging, I found the answer. The only place that mentions this interaction is a ruling on Vesuvan Doppelganger.

12/1/2004
    If a Doppelganger is flipped, and it copies a flip card in any state, it will copy both "sides" of that card but use the flipped side. If a Doppelganger is unflipped, and it copies a flip card in any state, it will copy both "sides" of that card but use the unflipped side. In the second case, if it ever meets the flip conditions of its new ability, it will flip and used the flipped side of what it is copying.

• Administrators

@dstinct I was fascinated by this question so I asked a judge friend of mine, and it looks like you're right. All cards have a flipped/unflipped state regardless of whether or not they have a "flipside". If you Mirror a flippable, and then flip the card, the Mirror stays flipped until some other effect says it isn't (and I don't know that there are any such effects in the game). The next time you copy a flipped card, you'll use the "flipside characteristics"

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.