Are you playing something other than Aggro Shops or Jeskai? If so, why?

• Not meaning to start b&r talk or tier wars at all.

I just want to ask what deck you're playing right now, why, and what you think of it.

Are you playing your deck because you think it's the best right now or because it's fun?

Is there something you would play if you had the cards, but don't?

• I’m playing red shops. I like it because I think it’s fun and welder is one of my favorite cards. Also I think Ensnaring Bridge + Null Rod is fairly well positioned right now.

• I am playing Vintage lands right now because it’s fun, I want to see where the deck can go, and I’ve made it into my own brew which is something I really enjoy doing.

It certainly is not the best deck but I always have a great time playing it and will continue to work and tinker with it despite having the cards to make any deck in the format.

• been playing some DPS recently to some success online. its a pretty great meta call right now because shops has seen a serious downturn and Oath is everywhere. the only really horrible matchups are dredge and paradoxical outcome varieties

also playing draw 7s and mind's desire is fun as hell

• TMD Supporter

Playing Combo Shops because it's hilarious and I think it's good in the general Shops mirror and against oath.

• Sylvan Mentor with Emrakul. 17-3 on the last 4 leagues. Basically tweaked @diophan's 8-2 Champs list to my own durdly playstyle. You gain Grudge against Shops and Sylvan against Blue, making the green splash worth it, but you do have to manage the manabase appropriately and not expose it to wasteland.

• bomberman with gifts and paradoxical outcome as a draw/search engine. Why? Because its fun to make your opponent think they have the game in the bag then outcome or gifts and pull a win out of the dark side of your moon.

• heh, I've definitely thought about putting salvagers in outcome. how many cards do you play to support it?

• @mediumsteve said in Are you playing something other than Aggro Shops or Jeskai? If so, why?:

heh, I've definitely thought about putting salvagers in outcome. how many cards do you play to support it?

Depends on the color combination I'm playing. uwb is definitely the more powerful in a vacuum as it gives you tutors, yawgwill and tendrils for a kill. But uwr seems stronger in the current meta as it gives you access to all the nice w/r control cards that come in so handy against shops and oath. But salvagers and ballista are part of either color package. After that black takes more support cards because its support is just so strong. Red only adds pyrite spellbomb for the salvagers package itself and the rest of the slots are just meta calls.

• I'm "dating" uwb outcome but open to other things... my problem with uwr outcome is that it just feels like a worse version of jeskai control.

• Administrators

I've been hopping back and forth between a dozen decks (including Shops and Jeskai, but other stuff too). I felt good about my Kess deck at champs, but it's broken on MTGO and the meta seems to be shifting in a way that might make it worse. I try to keep a variety up for streaming, but I'm also just trying to get a handle on what beats what.

• Played Thieves yesterday because it's a pile of 60 cards I enjoy playing. Won't claim it's the best but it's fun.

• I have been playing Grixis Theives. It's a pile of broken fun cards, and I like stealing the fun from my opponent. Probably not the best deck by far, but has all the things I like about vintage.

• TMD Supporter

I am playing paradoxical oath or a 4c Kess deck that is very hard to tweak for the Ohio meta, but I think could be quite good in the online meta, if the cards worked correctly there.

I am playing paradoxical oath because I love combo and oath in the same deck is the best plan i have found for beating shops with combo.

I have also had aggro shops built to test against, because I find that having what you want to test against with you is helpful.

• UWR Stoneblade. I maintain it's the best of the Boat/Dig/Gush/Planeswalker decks against Shops, since Stoneforge is such a brutal clean-up hitter against them (no, really--their deck becomes Ravager or Bust), but you do suffer some against Oath.

But realistically, the answer is "no". You look at my deck and you go huh, that's the Jeskai deck.

• I'm playing Sun Titan Oath because it is fun. I believe you need to win the turn you Oath and this deck does that about 75% of the time. I was winning with it but I over-corrected for Shops and lost to some blue decks. That will not happen again.

• I'm playing either Doomsday, or Jeskai without Force of Will.

• Gifts, because I can't quit Mana Drain, no matter how unplayable it gets.

• I am playing Oath because Oath is still good and is perpetually underrated, and because I just don't know how to quit Griselbrand.

• @thelastgnu This is a challenge I'm having - I think I've played Drain 4 times since 2011, but I really want to pick up 4 Japanese Mana Drains :(

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.