11/19/17 - Indianapolis - Monthly unlimited proxy vintage @Game Time

• I'm not sure that this qualifies as "official" results. I'm just a player, not actually from the store.

Still, we had 10 players on the 19th. We had 4 rounds of swiss and ended there with the top three at 3-1

Results were:

1. Tyler Maine - Jeskai Mentor
    2. Paul Neubauer - White Eldrazi
    3. Randy Larson - Bomberman Oath
    4. Bobby Colegrove - UR Delver
    5. Benjamin Eby - Oath
    6. Brent Walton - Merfolk
    7. Vincent Buck - (Ravager) Shops
    8. James Neubauer - (Staxx) Shops
    9. Katie Buck - Oath
    10. Thomas Lakatos - 2-Card Muddy

I probably have some of the deck names messed up, but they're at least close. Tyler beat me 2-0 in round 1. Randy beat Tyler 2-1 in round 2. And I beat Randy 2-0 in round 4, leaving the three of us all at 3-1 with Tyler getting the best tie-breakers. All three of the 3-1 got $30 in store credit.

Special shout-out to Brent, who had not planned to play, but borrowed a deck of Merfolk and came in at 2-2.

One of the employees mentioned to me that more than one spectator had come up to him to ask "What are they playing? It looks like a blast." or something to that effect.

I'll see if I can come up with a better report after the next one on 12/16.

Paul

• Great to hear, sorry I missed it. As to the names - should 2-Card Muddy be 2 Card Monte? That's the name of the Workshop based combo deck that plays Helm of Obedience/Leyline of the Void along with Painter's Servant/Grindstone.

• @t1darkrit said in 11/19/17 - Indianapolis - Monthly unlimited proxy vintage @Game Time:

Great to hear, sorry I missed it. As to the names - should 2-Card Muddy be 2 Card Monte? That's the name of the Workshop based combo deck that plays Helm of Obedience/Leyline of the Void along with Painter's Servant/Grindstone.

2Card Muddy is a 2CM variant that eschews most or all of the colored mana and the rainbow mana base. The Muddy variant will often play stuff like Kuldotha Forgemaster, or now the Mirror combo card with Dark Depths. There are different ways to build it.

• @t1darkrit Hi John. I didn't get to play Tom, and he took off before I thought to try putting together even this half-baked "report", so I'm going on what I was told. Tom wasn't too happy with his result and I imagine he'll go back to Fish next month. (Or maybe he'll try something else.)

• TMD Supporter

Thanks for your report, if you could provide the top decklist or two next time that would be appreciated.

• @ydl I didn't think of writing up any kind of report last month until everyone was leaving (and most were already gone). This month I'm hoping to be a little more proactive. :)

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.