[RIX] "Dire Fleet Daredevil"

• 0_1515072911311_f25bc35a-55ae-4b09-9ec2-56088d042d08-image.png

1R
    Human - Pirate
    First Strike

When Dire Fleet Daredevil enters the battlefield, exile target instant or sorcery from an opponenty's graveyard. You can cast that card this turn and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color. If that card would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
    2/1

So I think even getting to Preordain is great for Humans. The bad thing is that it's useless against MUD outside of being a 2/1 First Strike body (MAYBE you get to flashback a Dismember?). Against Dredge it's also useless G1 but you can side it out G2.

I think it's probably solid in the non-existent-right-now Humans deck. I don't think you can play this in a blue deck as Snapcasters 5-8 because they're too situational. Although you'll probably always get at least a cantrip out of it. What do you guys think?

• @fsecco said in [RIX] "Dire Fleet Daredevil":

Against Dredge it's also useless G1

Not totally useless. Exiling a Cabal Therapy has real value. On the off chance that you've gone deep enough into the game, you could even exile Dread Return.

• @thecravenone You can pay alternate costs with this, right? So Dread Return could be played by sacrificing your guys and exiling their Bridges. :)
    It's not TOTALLY useless but yeah, pretty situational though.

• Reverse Snapcaster seems pretty poor. If you gave it Flash, then I think it would be interesting.

• I'm not sure I agree... it's poor against anything other than a blue deck, but against a blue deck actively trying to stock the graveyard with powerful spells over multiple turns, this is fantastic. The worst-case scenario is removing their best Snapcaster and JvP option, while pressuring their life total with a creature relevant against both Mentor and Pyromancer. Best case scenario, you not only deprive the opponent of reusing a haymaker like Ancestral or Time Walk, but also force them to counter your own copy---awkward.

• At first I got excited when reading the translation that this was an open-ended all-lands-make-all-colors loophole, but the translation above is missing a key restriction. "...and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color" is missing "to cast it [per lanciarla]". :)

• this card needed flash, not first strike

• Above post: seriously! If this had flash... shenanigans around using -your opponent’s- previously used Misstep to counter his or her current Misstep... don’t know if that is -good- but it would be sweet.

• @gkraigher said in [RIX] "Dire Fleet Daredevil":

this card needed flash, not first strike

It's been said that Snapcaster should've been Red. This would be "fixed" Snapcaster if it had Flash!

• @fsecco said in [RIX] "Dire Fleet Daredevil":

@thecravenone You can pay alternate costs with this, right? So Dread Return could be played by sacrificing your guys and exiling their Bridges. :)
    It's not TOTALLY useless but yeah, pretty situational though.

It still exiles the target, even if the target isn't cast. So it is sorcery speed graveyard hate.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.