ChubbyStreams: Nahiri Control

• I played a deck similar to this for almost a year. It started as a Gush deck and I kept loosing to Mentor (before restriction), I changed it into a LandStill deck and it performed much better.

I gave up on the deck, because it was losing to fast aggro like Shop. The last list I tried is below.

I like the concept and I love Nahari, the Harbinger but I'm not sure the card is good enough. Looking at your list it looks like you can handle Control and Xerox.

I wonder about your Humans, Dredge and Shop match ups. Even the new Oath build can be very hard for a big blue style deck to deal with.

I hope it works. I'll check back for results.

4 Standstill
    4 Swords to plowshare
    2 Wear//Tear
    4 Force of will
    3 Mental misstep
    2 Mana drain
    3 Mindbreak trap
    3 Nahiri, the Harbinger
    1 Jace the mindscrupltor
    1 Dack Fayden
    1 Ancestral recall
    1 Time walk
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Treasure cruise
    1 Dig through time
    1 Emrakul, the Aeon Torn
    1 Moat
    1 Supreme verdict
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Black Lotus
    2 Island
    1 Plains
    3 Tundra
    3 Volcanic island
    1 Stripmine
    2 Wasteland
    3 Mishras factory
    3 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty rainforest

Sideboard
    2 Red blast
    1 Wear//Tear
    3 Stoney silence
    3 Tormod's crypt
    3 Comtainment priest
    1 Supreme verdiict
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    1 Banesfire

• For what it's worth there's no real downturn, I have access to site activity history and we're getting more views/visitors/posts January 2018 than we did January 2017. January's just a slow month for vintage.

Still ... if it inspires you to make awesome content like this, I'm all for it!

It's a hot deck, and I LOVE the idea of a companion-piece for your stream. I know this stuff takes a lot of work, but it's real fun to read!

• You know what? I think I actually undersold how much I like this thread :)

You built a deck, explained your reasoning, and then the deck didn't work out and you explained why. You never see people writing up stuff on this, even though it's like 80% of the experience of a successful player. I think newer players are sometimes afraid to post about decks that aren't winning a lot, and veteran players might not see the value in it.

If we had a post like this (from anyone) once a week? This would be one of the best strategy sites on the web for any format.

• @pugsuperstar OBS has a record option...I'm going to try using that and posting to youtube. That might run into similar problems but I think the people in chat like the ability to request songs like the Baby Shark song or whatever they feel like. Best case scenario is that this works for both audiences.

@moorebrother1 I've had a hard time with consistency and mana in the 3 color Landstill decks. Still, it's an interesting approach. I wanted to play against Shops but no luck with the pairings. Thank you for sharing your list.

• @brass-man Yeah, I noticed a similar downturn in online tournaments (not just Vintage). It's a busy time of year and Cube is also insanely popular and competes with other formats among the online player base.

Thank you for the kind words, Andy. It's much appreciated :)

• @chubbyrain said in ChubbyStreams: Nahiri Control:

I think the people in chat like the ability to request songs like the Baby Shark song or whatever they feel like.

WHAT IS THE BABY SHARK SONG???

• @brass-man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w

It got requested by accident and then was immediately requested about five more times.

Here's the moment where the song (and a player breaking their own Standstill) breaks Matt: https://clips.twitch.tv/HandsomeFantasticTigerBuddhaBar

And here's the moment where he's accepted his fate and goes full Stockholm Syndrome: https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyDoubtfulReindeerNerfRedBlaster

• @chubbyrain OBS also has a setting to automatically start recording video to disk whenever you start/stop streaming. I recommend that; it's a lot easier to remember.

• Baby Shark Song is amazing. I feel like I've missed so much in my break from streaming.

• @brass-man The sharks are back in town!

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.