StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10

Oh yeah baby! I'll try so hard to be there!

No proxies (from a reply to the original tweet by SCG)

No proxies is fine - I'll be there.

While super sick, this is a 2 day event with one day on a Friday.

One of those is plenty for me in a year. I'm passing on this one (despite this looking like it's a mega gas event).

It's effectively Champs 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Texas will be sending a delegation to this.

Man I hope this becomes an annual thing (unlikely possibly, but I can't go there, and really want to attend).

No proxies, and also (per Twitter) no prize bracket for unpowered decks. Very disappointing IMO 😞

@nucleosynth Steve's fantastic history of the P9 Series makes many references to the underwhelming attendance that these events often pulled, most frequently with the Richmond events. Those were all 5 or 10 "playtest" cards as well. While I am planning to attend with borrowed power, I hope this does not end up with 65 people who all traveled a long way, because that would likely be the end of any possibility of regenerating this series, even on an annual basis.

@p3temangus It seems like a big exception from every other sanctioned Vintage tournament I can think of. Really discouraging as a newer player.

I guess I'll be trying to borrow at least a few pieces of power, or just not going πŸ˜•

@p3temangus said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

@nucleosynth Steve's fantastic history of the P9 Series makes many references to the underwhelming attendance that these events often pulled, most frequently with the Richmond events. Those were all 5 or 10 "playtest" cards as well. While I am planning to attend with borrowed power, I hope this does not end up with 65 people who all traveled a long way, because that would likely be the end of any possibility of regenerating this series, even on an annual basis.

This event will top 200 people minimum.

@nedleeds Nothing would make me happier! The decline of these events was TREMENDOUS factor in my sell-out of 2006/7. Getting them back, especially with NYSE and Waterbury way up the air would be fantastic.

Yeah, when Vintage Champs just got 427 I’m sure this will do fine.

I do think this will kill NYSE at least this year

@nedleeds Hard to be sure. NYSE allows proxies...

@nucleosynth No sanctioned vintage tournaments allow proxies.

Views