StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10

Does anyone know if they actually went through and played 10+ rounds as had been announced? 124 players should be 7 or 8 rounds I think.

Also does anyone know if this turn out falls short of expectations or if we should expect more of these tournaments moving forward? 🙂

@nevilshute It was 8 rounds day 1, 5 rounds day 2. No idea re expectations.

@stuart IIRC, the plan was 13 rounds total for both days?

We did play all 13 rounds. It was messy for some reasons and gold for others. Im about to leave Roanoke headinf to Houston dor business but if i remember when I gst in, I will elaborate more (or maybe write a small report).

I'm glad that they broke 100 players but also satisfied the turnout wasn't very large; attending Friday events is wildly inconvenient and I hate seeing the trend encouraged.

This being on a Friday was awful and the fact that making it to day 2 meant that you could not play in the major Legacy event was also awful.

If they could find a way to allow players to play in 2 major events over 2 days then starting on a Friday is OK, I guess. They would get more people if it were on a Saturday or Sunday. They would have had more people if you could play both the Vintage and Legacy events and have a chance to make day 2 for both.

Coverage is already off the front page of their site.

EVENTS shows only future events.

DECKLISTS doesn't list Vintage as a format.

Anyone know where I can find this shit?

@thecravenone said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

Coverage is already off the front page of their site.

EVENTS shows only future events.

DECKLISTS doesn't list Vintage as a format.

Anyone know where I can find this shit?

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/results/format/4/event_ID/17/start_date/08-06-2018/end_date/10-06-2018/w_perc/0/g_perc/0/r_perc/0/b_perc/0/u_perc/0/a_perc/0/order_1/finish/limit/25/start_num/0/

All the day 2 Decklists.

@thecravenone as for the twitch stream, the vintage portion starts around the 9 hour mark of the day 2 video

My favorite decks from day 2:

• RB Daretti / Angrath Planeswalker Insanity (or "Mardu Planeswalkers" according to SCG): I lost to this deck
  • Terra Nova: my favorite style of Shops deck, and Traxos seems like a great addition
  • Stax: another cool Shops variant I'm happy to see
  • Non-Oath Bomberman
  • Mono-Red Prison: I was wondering if this archetype would perform; quad By Force seems alright
  • Liquimetal Trygon Predator: need I say more?

Kudos to everyone who played these decks!

@stuart said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

Liquimetal Trygon Predator: need I say more?

1000% yes

@stuart

Thanks, I was the Bomberman pilot. Hope of Ghirapur was terrible (not to much surprise really, especially as I faced 8 shop matches) and should be an Engineered Explosives. Also, Karn severely overperformed. In this deck he may be better than Jace.

I'd really like to know more about the "Mardu Planeswalkers" deck, do you remember much about the match? Do you know who played the deck?

@chase_dagger said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

I'd really like to know more about the "Mardu Planeswalkers" deck, do you remember much about the match? Do you know who played the deck?

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/121496

I was the Dredge deck in 40th. Great event. Was my first time playing paper Vintage ever (I usually play online). Started off great for my first time on Day 1, then had a great match Round 1 of Day 2, then just nosedived. Haha. Still had a ton of fun. I submitted a tournament report about my experience to E/C, so hopefully they will see it and post it, if not I'll post it here somewhere. 🙂

@nucleosynth I have already seen the decklist, which means I should already know who played the deck and that was a dumb question to ask, but what I meant was I'd like to know more about how deck interacted in games against the rest of the meta. Basically I'd love to see a tournament report or primer for this deck.

@chase_dagger that's me. haven't posted on tmd in years and had to make a new account! i'm not great with tournament reports but will try to post about the choices in the list and some theory and observations about how the deck runs and its' interactions with the field

Views