StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10

@nedleeds

"It's going to do nothing but positive things for vintage."

You know, we definitely started off rough. But you're really growing on me, Neds!

last edited by 13NoVa

@nedleeds

My apologies, I saw my name quoted and thought that was the notification that TMD was showing I got. Anyway, I’m going and I’m certainly not shitting on the event. I’m looking forward to it.

@shaman-ben
I plan on going to, possible car pool?

My flights are booked! I'm locked and loaded!

I’ll do the same when flights from Austin aren’t $450.

@stuart said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

This. Why the hell is it so expensive to fly to Virginia?

@cutlex said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

@stuart said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

This. Why the hell is it so expensive to fly to Virginia?

Because no one flies to ROA. The airport is so small that their website brags about their flight numbers being in the forties:

Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport offers more than 40 scheduled flights daily, providing nonstop service from Roanoke, Virginia to eight major cities.

Compare to my local airport, whose site brags about housing 26 airlines flying to five continents.

Here's a full list of the flights landing at ROA today.

It's looking like the best way to go will be to fly somewhere cheaper nearby and hopefully carpool with some locals. Google Flights is recommending I save 60% and fly to LYH 42 miles away.

It was $500 from Cali. That seems like a good deal.

@zodiacboyscout Yes, this should be a Serious Road Trip

The big question I have is why this event needs 13 rounds.

If there are only 150 players, do we really need two more rounds than Eternal Weekend's NA Vintage Champ last year? That seems like overkill.

@smmenen said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

The big question I have is why this event needs 13 rounds.

If there are only 150 players, do we really need two more rounds than Eternal Weekend's NA Vintage Champ last year? That seems like overkill.

More Vintage == More better

Overkill is the best kind of kill.

I’m definitely going and I think some of the triangle NC people will be going as well. I’m looking forward to going and getting some redemption after getting destroyed at champs.

Well, the event's basically here; I fly to Raleigh tomorrow before driving to Roanoke on Thursday. Roll call for who's going?

Anyone know whether there will be coverage of the Vintage? Be great to tune in for this.

Good luck to all TMDers taknig part - hope we see a few classic mages come out of retirement for this one...

@sodoyouwearacape I don't think SCG does events this big without coverage. They're promoting it daily in the site. The banner in the home page with the Twitch logo makes me believe streaming is certain 😄

0_1528223978299_3b6b7a2e-0de2-474e-bfae-f3c393c0bcbb-image.png

EDIT: actually I just clicked the banner and it took me to the event's page. There's only going to be coverage for the Vintage Top8 😢
http://scgcon.starcitygames.com/schedule-coverage.php#top

last edited by fsecco

@hierarchnoble said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

I guess I'll be playing in my first non-proxy Vintage event since 2010.

Someone just upvoted this. To that person, sorry, but I couldn't secure the time or cards for this.

Good to luck to everyone who made the trip to VA! Looks like they barely broke 100 registrants unfortunately.

@qq I'm happy for the people who showed, since it seems like a great chance to win some power, but I'm happy with their turnout being what it was. If the NYSE Open, in any form (as I'm not moving off June), was going to happen ever again, this event had to have bad turnout. It looks like that has happened. I would have greatly appreciated the professional courtesy of some contact before they just announced this, but they're the 800 lb gorilla in the room and they do what they want.

last edited by Prospero

Looks like they had 124 folks.

Views