StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10

Here's some recognizable names that Day 2'ed.
Beaumont, Oliver
Brophy, Sullivan
Demars, Brian
Durkin, Brian
Eberhart, Ryan
Fisher, Ryan
Fleischmann-Rose, David
Forino, Raf
Johnson, Richard
Kaplan, Dave
Lalo, Josh
Markington, Andy
MaGrann, Will
Mastriano, Paul
Meckes, Josh
Menendian, Stephen
O'Brian, Shawn

And even getting a game loss for deck registration error to @Montolio, and thus losing the match 0-1 - you can't keep the BAD GUY down. I made it in, currently in 11th at 6-2.

I have the entire deck breakdown too - but why would I post that now, when I can go into tomorrow knowing what everyone is playing? 😉

Top8 according to SCG twitter is:

Eric Marich, Andy Markiton, Stephen Quinn, Josh Lalo, Nathan Marzka, Kristofer Ploeg, Brian Demars, Jonathan Leone

Final standings:

0_1528581710555_Captura de pantalla 2018-06-10 a las 0.01.29.png

4 Blue decks and 4 Shops. The brackets:

0_1528583966420_Captura de pantalla 2018-06-10 a las 0.14.20.png

0_1528583984594_Captura de pantalla 2018-06-10 a las 0.13.08.png

All Shops finals. Go Andy!

Montolio takes another one down. Holy Catfish!

Does anyone know if they actually went through and played 10+ rounds as had been announced? 124 players should be 7 or 8 rounds I think.

Also does anyone know if this turn out falls short of expectations or if we should expect more of these tournaments moving forward? 🙂

@nevilshute It was 8 rounds day 1, 5 rounds day 2. No idea re expectations.

@stuart IIRC, the plan was 13 rounds total for both days?

We did play all 13 rounds. It was messy for some reasons and gold for others. Im about to leave Roanoke headinf to Houston dor business but if i remember when I gst in, I will elaborate more (or maybe write a small report).

I'm glad that they broke 100 players but also satisfied the turnout wasn't very large; attending Friday events is wildly inconvenient and I hate seeing the trend encouraged.

This being on a Friday was awful and the fact that making it to day 2 meant that you could not play in the major Legacy event was also awful.

If they could find a way to allow players to play in 2 major events over 2 days then starting on a Friday is OK, I guess. They would get more people if it were on a Saturday or Sunday. They would have had more people if you could play both the Vintage and Legacy events and have a chance to make day 2 for both.

Coverage is already off the front page of their site.

EVENTS shows only future events.

DECKLISTS doesn't list Vintage as a format.

Anyone know where I can find this shit?

@thecravenone said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

Coverage is already off the front page of their site.

EVENTS shows only future events.

DECKLISTS doesn't list Vintage as a format.

Anyone know where I can find this shit?

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/results/format/4/event_ID/17/start_date/08-06-2018/end_date/10-06-2018/w_perc/0/g_perc/0/r_perc/0/b_perc/0/u_perc/0/a_perc/0/order_1/finish/limit/25/start_num/0/

All the day 2 Decklists.

@thecravenone as for the twitch stream, the vintage portion starts around the 9 hour mark of the day 2 video

My favorite decks from day 2:

• RB Daretti / Angrath Planeswalker Insanity (or "Mardu Planeswalkers" according to SCG): I lost to this deck
  • Terra Nova: my favorite style of Shops deck, and Traxos seems like a great addition
  • Stax: another cool Shops variant I'm happy to see
  • Non-Oath Bomberman
  • Mono-Red Prison: I was wondering if this archetype would perform; quad By Force seems alright
  • Liquimetal Trygon Predator: need I say more?

Kudos to everyone who played these decks!

@stuart said in StarCityGames Power 9 Vintage Tournament - 6/8-6/10:

Liquimetal Trygon Predator: need I say more?

1000% yes

@stuart

Thanks, I was the Bomberman pilot. Hope of Ghirapur was terrible (not to much surprise really, especially as I faced 8 shop matches) and should be an Engineered Explosives. Also, Karn severely overperformed. In this deck he may be better than Jace.

Views